Should I paint it yellow?

• Dude, that would be sick!

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Uhhh.. what the hell are you thinking?

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I tore down my bike this past weekend so that I can get the frame powder coated and so I can rebuild the engine.

I had a thought about what color to do the frame and wanted some feedback. I am thinking about getting it done in the old Yamaha Yellow. But since I can't get plastic in yellow, just staying with the blue plastic.

I'm thinking it might look pretty good, but what the hell do I know.

Thoughts?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
IndyYZ85 said:
You all are just a bunch of haters! ;) :fft:
True, but I do not discriminate, I do my best to spread my hate to everybody. :nener:
Personally, I think that white would be the way for you to go. Yellow would just be too loud. Now, if you switch to yellow number plate backgrounds, then a matching yellow frame would work better.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I actually am thinking about selling it and getting something a bit more my size. So I wanted to get opinions on the idea, just to see if it was going to be a really bad idea. Would hate to make the bike look the way I want it and not be able to get a decent price for it due to an ugly color combo.

I'll probably just do factory blue.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
yellow-blue is actually a cool combo in my eyes. but the blue frame on yamaha's look wicked. if you fix yamaha's up you can actually make them look newer than they are. my buddy has a '98, he gets everyone to guess which year it is...average of the guesses are 2002-03.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
if you have a full pic of your bike I will photoshop your frame any color you want so you can get an idea :cool:

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
I actually am thinking about selling it and getting something a bit more my size. So I wanted to get opinions on the idea, just to see if it was going to be a really bad idea. Would hate to make the bike look the way I want it and not be able to get a decent price for it due to an ugly color combo.

if you're planning on selling it why would you even worry about (and spend the money to) getting the frame powder coated?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
IndyYZ85 said:

Yeah get a real bike ;)

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
IndyYZ85 said:
Resale value..

I doubt you'll get what it costs to powder coat it back out of it, especially if you count your time as money.

A good motorcycle frame paint, or even automotive wheel paints, are a much cheaper option, will last a long time, and make your bike look like new for resale value. I personally would rather have a painted frame than a powercoated one, simply for easy touch up. Some epoxy paints are TOUGH too.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
adam728 said:
I doubt you'll get what it costs to powder coat it back out of it, especially if you count your time as money.

A good motorcycle frame paint, or even automotive wheel paints, are a much cheaper option, will last a long time, and make your bike look like new for resale value. I personally would rather have a painted frame than a powercoated one, simply for easy touch up. Some epoxy paints are TOUGH too.

If I do the prep work, I can get it done for about $125...

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I would not go with a yellow frame on a blue bike....IMHO it will not look good.

If you had yellow plastics a black, yellow, or metallic color frame would look best

If you're sticking with blue plastics...I'd go with blue or a metallic color.

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Here is the final result...

Attachments

• IMG_8187 (2).jpg
    IMG_8187 (2).jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 303
Top Bottom