Power Commander needed for slip on?

sensei

Apr 1, 2008
Hi,

I wasn't exactly sure which forum this should go in so pardon if it's placed in the wrong one.

I have a 08 WR250R with fuel injection. I was looking at the FMF Q4 aftermarket exhaust which I believe is a slip-on. My question is, if I add this do I need to run someting like a power commander?

I also have a 02 R1 sportbike with fuel injection and a added an akropovich slip on but never added a power commander. Runs fine except I get just a little backfire when cutting the throttle at very high rpm's.

Any input is appreciated.

Wax off,
sensei

sensei

Apr 1, 2008
Chili said:
You may need to tweak the jetting in the carb but you don't need to use anything like the power commander.

Thanks Chili. I had mentioned that the bike is fuel injected so no carb tweaking for me, thanks :nener:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
WR250R, not WR250F

They go and chang one little letter and all hell breaks loose, Chili.

Sensei, you might want to talk to some RMZ450 guys to see if they had to do any special stuff (the only other FI bike I can think of) or maybe some of the quad peeps, because I believe Yamaha and Suzuki have FI on their big sporters.

Honestly, I'm thinking you could probably get by without the power commander thing, but it looks like it might be something fun to play with, since it would aid you in adjusting your "jetting"

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Are you installing a complete system or just the muffler? If it's a complete system, check if your FI has an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. If it does I'd look into the system in more detail. If not, don't worry about it and have fun!

FYI, other fuel injected bikes on the market: GasGas FSR450/515, Suzuki RMZ450, Husqvarna TE450/510/610.

Top Bottom