yamarider1491

Jul 8, 2007
hey i purchased a '02 stock yz250f about 6 months ago, and im looking to get more power out of it. problem is, im 16 and dont have much money to spend on expensive upgrades like pipes and such. what is the cheapest way for me to get more power, and the most power-for-my-money.

Pele

Jul 7, 2007
hot cam

new cams..... look it up and for the money its the best gain in power... 150 maybe? let me look in dennis kirk for you real quick
part number 14-8491 denniskirk(dot)com hotcams is the name of the cam manufacturer

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Do you really need more power? Make sure it's properly jetted, air filter is fresh, valves are at proper clearances and you may also want to have a compression and leak-down checks down. Also make sure the muffler packing is in good shape. Alot of older bikes could use some work just to bring them back to stock performance levels. You're better off spending some money to freshen up the stock motor than to try and add performance parts to a worn engine. At sixteen a 250f should have plenty of power for you, unless you are abnormally large for your age.

Top Bottom