john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i am trying to help a good friemd of mine he has a 1999 kx125 and we can't seem to get the jetting just right it seems like its just out of balance some how. the bike is stock we are at sea level the jetting is stock but i have tryed going up and down on the main and also up and down on the needle but it seems to run best at the stock settings. i feel like there is something wrong with the power jet like its not working is there a way to check if its working properly or working at all? i rode the bike for about 15min and then disconected the power jet and rode ot for anouther 15min and the bike ran exactly the same with or without the power jet pluged in. i know he needs to buy a service manuel but he broke and im trying to help him out. if anyone knows how to check if the power jet is working right or at all (or if you have a manuel for a 99 kx125 you could check and see if there is a way to check the power jet system)please let me know any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
john: is it the heihin pwk powerjet carb? ive got some specs at home i can maybe look up from my yamaha. i really dont see the point in all of them wires, just makes the whole deal a pain in the arse to work on

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
I have a '99 kx250 manual at home. It is the same manual for the 125. I'll check on powerjet stuff tonight. If I find somethin I can scan it and e-mail if you like

PedroMx

Jan 12, 2001
I´ve had a similar problem on a CR of a friend of mine not long ago, the same symptoms,etc. It was that the connector had one of the wires hanging from the plastic only. If you have an ohmmeter you can check the continuity of the coil, the powerjet is operated by an electromagnet. Also check that the cables from the black box are sending a signal and that the powerjet holes are not blocked with dirt or something.

Excuse my english.

Pedro

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
I checked the manual last night. There isn't any reference to checking the powerjet. There are some specs for the throttle positioner and throttle cut off valve(I'm not sure what that one is). If you want me to scan some images of the manual I can.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Just been having this conversation with another friend. Unplug it & hook it up to a 12V battery just by poking some wires in there. You should just hear it ‘click’ as you apply power.

Have had to repair TZ solenoids that get whacked on the top breaking the wire. Carefully re-solder using a small iron & this solder so as not to stuff it & epoxy the top to give the wires some support.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
thanks i will be doing some testing soon i think will try hooking up 12v like david said is this safe ?it wont burn out anything right?

Top Bottom