'POWER NOW'--??lost to f/u? New contact

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'd been following the 'rationale for use' discussions regarding this device, including the heated discussions on the KTM forum and tried to contact these people for some 'insight'. :debil:

I'm posting this, primarily to let you all know that their website has moved to DSP racing, and they lost a lot of transactions in the process of the transfer. At any rate, their site blows( http://www.worldpowerracing.com/ ), offers little explanation, and getting ahold of anyone is impossible. I did, however, find another dealer to 'talk' to and for purely experimentation purposes decided to order one. In fact, I'll be willing to bet it does nothing for my bike, but I'll try to post any objective findings I can. The new contact is: Bob Reinen @ http://www.cyclebuy.com/ .

Prompt, curtious. Helpful. FYI--for any of you that are interested in blowing a hundred bones on something that may or may not be helpful, like myself, give this guy a try first.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Cool, give us a full review when you get it! I've been reading the posts and mags, but have found very little as far as a REAL review goes.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
I built one for my buddies YZ250F and he loves it i got the drawings from thumper talk.

he rode his power now 02yzf back to back with a 03yzf. he said his bike pulled much better than the 03 and the owner of the 03 wants me to build him one. the only problem the 03 intake makes it harder to do

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
I made one for my 01 kx250 and my sons 02 rm125. The theory is on and they work great. I just took a sheet of .020 stainless and used it. I took a hacksaw blade and very carefully cut the slots in the carb for the plate to slide into. I trimed it for .060 clearance to the slide. I peened the intake of the carb so the plate could not move. took about an hour and was by far the best hour spent . I jetted the rm down from a 460 to a 430 and the kx from a 160 to a 145.

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
Just a note but an important one. Do NOT cut all the way to where the slide goes in the carb or you will probably ruin your carb. And take your time trimming the plate the closer plate to the slide without the possability of touching it the better. And be sure to totally disassemble and clean the carb prior to re installing it. there was more response gained on the 125 than the 250 but you could definetly feel it on both.

crawl9

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I'm Going to make one For My Bike, I was thinking about using an Aluminum Plate and Welding it in the Carb. I'll let you know how it turns out.

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
In My Humble opinion I would not weld it as you would probably distort the venturi. I used stainless so I could keep it thin and strong. It does not move or flutter one bit.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I thought it was suppose to help the bottom end? So why are guys leaning out the main?. Shouldn't it be the clip or the pilot ?

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
It increases the velocity in the venturi. The greater the velocity, the harder the draw on the main. Both of mine increased through the entire rpm range. It works.

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
I do not know, I have not played with reed cages. But like I said the power now plate works. Having less angle on the reeds does make sence to me though.

r_crosier69

Jun 2, 2000
What is "Power Now"?

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about an aftermarket product called "Power Now". Someone please tell me what it is and where I can find info about it... Thanks

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Guys,

I just put one on my '01 250f. I can say that it did help my low end throttle response. I race enduro's and previously had a t4 exhaust which i had to get rid of for sound reasons. I put something on quieter but lost alot of my snap. When I put on the PN I gain back quite a bit of the snap and low end response. People on thumper talk are making their one with alot of success. I got mine used and for $60 it was worth the snap i regained.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
you can weld AL with high heat and keep the overall heat in the metal down, i think you could weld it if you wanted but i would just epoxy braze it in

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I didn't know that the Power Now was a DSP product - thought it was World something or other. I also heard that DSP is out of business.

jclives

Mar 22, 2000
Check here;
http://www.atvprice.com/powernow/power_now.htm

For what it's worth, the Parts Unlimited catalog has a similiar product for about 1/3 the price. It only fits the 39mm crbs though.

Top Bottom