2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm thinking Power Now Co. bought Scary Fast?
Anyway, can someone fill me in on this: I'm thinking because my 03 RM250 is designed for MX, it is not the best performer at ultra low RPM (duh). I ride the Midwest's tight, rocky woods, where riding a gear high in low traction is preffered. Have done woods porting, 12oz weight, etc. But stalling is still a major issue. No, I don't want an auto-clutch. The KTM's have a slightly smaller carb, and I was thinking my RM's cyl just doesn't have enough vacuum at low rpm's to draw from the big MX carb. If I let the revs drop too low, and am not perfect with clutch timing, the motor just STOPS and skids to a halt. No, it's not just me, others find the same problem when in the tight stuff on my bike. I'm thinking the Power Now carb "wing" was designed for just this...? If you know, and could tell me... my right leg would sure appreciate it.
Thanks

jim f.

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 2, 2005
I had to put on both wings, front and rear of carb, to feel a noticiable difference. They did help but you might have a jetting problem?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Jetting IS fussy on this bike........but it's dialed in.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I rode an 04 RM 250, it was the torquiest motor I've ever ridden and an 87 CR250 (the bike I ride) is supposed to be considered a torque monster. I think you just need to ride a little more, it will come to you. 4-strokes stall too...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
76GMC1500 said:
I think you just need to ride a little more, it will come to you.
:think: I probably have monkey-butt scars older than you.......sir.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Pretty much anything to de-tune a max racebike will help in it tight woods. Restricting the carb should help bottom,bigger silencers,shorter stingers,Bres plugs,bigger flywheels,raise the cylinder and restrict the airbox.

Top Bottom