exc rider

Jan 15, 2002
two of my buddies run them (yz426/dr400) an they they thought it made quite a differance. one of them made his own from a template he got off thumpertalk. if your somewhat handy im sure you could do it.everything else i have read says its worth the money.

PowerStroke

Dec 3, 1999
On our cr450f it made a difference in starting and off idle only.
It wont decrease your laptimes by 20 minutes.

It is worth it if you hace dead engine hare scrambles. for MX put your cash into suspension. If you have lots of spare cash get it.

It was woorth the money since we had a z-start auto.

sweetjeep

Sep 16, 2003
I have yet to hear anyone say it's really worth it. But I'd love to hear from some "professionals" with an unbiased opinion.

According to "science" it could possibly increase low rpm power and possibly low-mid. But if that is true then you'll lose on the top end and mid/upper mid.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
On my '02 CR250, it made a big difference low to mid, much more than the pipe/silencer combo. I can't tell for sure if I lost a little off the top or if I am just revving out quicker because I get through the mid quicker. (a couple of the SX privateers here said they lost top, I can't argue) I can say that there is a double out of a turn that I could only hack without it, and with it I downside every lap. Most of my thumper buddies run one and like the difference, only you can decide if it's worth the $ to you.

Top Bottom