power valve operation

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Ive got a '93 KX 250 that was a complete basket case. (and missing a few items as well)
Ive got the entire bottom end rebuilt and together, and I am starting to think about the top end.
On the cylinder, there is a knob on the end of a rod, that when pulled, operates the power valve.
In the clutch side of the lower end, there is a gear mechanism that leads to an external rod that looks like it moves sideways.(probably with higher RPMs from the looks of it).
So, I figure there must be some sort of external linkage connecting the two rods? Is is very intricate, many parts, or is it a simple affair?
I need to go to the dealer and pull up the diagram and order all the stuff I dont have, but I wonder what Im in for...(groan)

(Although Ive had somewhere near 20 bikes the last 19 years, and rebuilt maybe a dozen of them, this is the most modern project Ive ever had, and the first to have a power valve...)
Thanks,
Neil

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…