nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
step back sec - didn't your other post say that you just had a top end done recently? I'm still not 100% convinced your p-valves are the issue. First make sure they are working - I'm not 100% sure on the specifics of your bike, but some you can take off a side cover and see the actuator arm move at the right RPM (bike running of course).

Second, you mentioned the temp was cold - did it recently get cold? did you adjust your jetting accordingly.

Third, if you are sold on it being a p-valve issue, you need to pull the top end - they are in the front of the cylinder under a cover - if you have never done it before, make sure you have a manual handy. As for cleaning, use a stiff wire brush and get your scrub on - some use oven cleaner to cut the gunk, I haven't found it necessary...yet.

Jun 12, 2005
Yah i havent done a topend ever. I bought the bike in the summer and the owner said it had be last rebuilt in nov. but i dono if that included a new topend. I wont touch the p.v's yet ill try some jetting first.

Top Bottom