Powerband Question(KDX200)

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
Hi, i was just wondering what RPM the KDX hits its powerband and is it noticable. Just sold my CRF150 and got 1900 for it so now i just have to wait about 2-3 weeks to get the KDX

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
I was going to buy a torque pipe for my 200, but it looks like the rev pipe beats it pretty badly everywhere, and it hits max torque only 500 rpms later, unless I'm completely misreading the graphs. :think:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Knobbyjake said:
I was going to buy a torque pipe for my 200, but it looks like the rev pipe beats it pretty badly everywhere, and it hits max torque only 500 rpms later, unless I'm completely misreading the graphs. :think:

I've had both the torque and rev pipes - i much preffer the rev pipe over the torque pipe but i think it all depends on the way you ride. With the 225 (from 200) i have i have plenty of low end power.

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
ok cool, kinda seems a bit high RPM for power, but then again thats probably normal for 2-strokes. btw what type of oil do you buy to mix with your gas and whats the ratio for mixing. Thanks everyone. and post a pic of your 200/220 if you have one cause i kinda wanna see every KDX i can before i buy one....kinda getting tired of looking at the pics at the kawasaki homepage.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Thordian said:
btw what type of oil do you buy to mix with your gas and whats the ratio for mixing?

:eek: :) That's a hot topic that get debated frequently here. Do a search and enjoy what you find. :thumb:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Thordian, you sure you want a KDX? Have you tried one? If not, see if you can.
For more pix, check out Canadian Dave's homepages (well, the JustKDX homepages) - it's listed in the post by FredT - "every KDX owner should read this". Sorry, I don't have it bookmarked at the moment & manage to get the url mixed up.

I met one person a long time ago that thought the hit on the KDX was too much & I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought my bike was the most docile thing you could get ;) Since riding my (shhh) TTR a lot, I've found what he was talking about & get a bit of a shock when first hopping on the KDX. It does depend on how you set it up though, stock she is real docile (read boring), torque pipe's better, but I love the PC pipe/FMF muffler combo. I'm now waiting for someone to come out with a three-stroke bike (that i can start) to suit my riding style (lack of, that should say).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…