PR: Edmondson wins Brown Mountain Lights Enduro

heimjoint

Feb 16, 2007
SALINE, MI (February 21, 2007) - Carhartt KTM mounted Stephen Edmondson conquered the rescheduled Brown Mountain Lights Enduro on Sunday, taking the win by one point over Jason Chancey despite a burned check. The 54-mile course was already technical and slippery, but the light dusting of snow overnight added to the challenge. Edmondson commented, "Off the start we had a short road section, then the race started with eight miles of frozen woods. The trail was really good but it was like riding on greased concrete. I rode very cautiously so I didn't kill myself." The remainder of the course was held on the mountain and featured elevation changes and huge boulders. When asked about his day, Edmondson replied, "I feel like I rode well, but figured my burned check would cost me. Thankfully, it didn't and it felt good to win the overall. Hopefully I can keep it up."

Unofficial top ten overall:

1. Stephen Edmondson
2. Jason Chancey
3. Nick Gentry
4. Mike Grizzle
5. Jason Moody
6. Mitch McRee
7. Michael Hines
8. Chance Baker
9. Trey Wellborn
10. Greg Roberts

The next event for the Carhartt KTM team is the second round of the AMA FMF National Enduro Seies taking place in Coalinga, CA this weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom