motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
this always seems like an excuse to go through the bike, freshen things up, new riding gear here and there.  Credit card.  The guys at the parts counter smile when they see me coming.  If you have more than one bike, you spend that much more...

tires, brake pads, extra air filters, spare fork seals, chemicals, etc.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Moto,
Besides myself, Ive got my kids bikes to keep up. Sometimes its hard to find the time, money and effort to keep em all in top knotch condition. But I love it.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I dropped a lil coin last year, but this year I'm grinchin'.

It's hard to spend money when you're on welfare. :silly:

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I know exactly what you mean. New fork seals yesterday. Brakes, chain and new rear M12 tire a week ago Chaching$$$

Not to mention the maint. work that still needs done on all the bikes.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I know what you mean. My bike decided to STOP running on Labor Day. I had a heart attack, well knowing I had 2 1/2 weeks to get it running before I had to bring it for transport to Oklahoma.

So, I now owe "Papakeith's Bike Repair Service" about a million dollars in parts and labor!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I'm fine with the bike parts-- wheel bearings here, muffler packing there, etc.

It's the pre-DW TRUCK bills that are gonna kill me.  I took our truck in last Monday, told them to change the oil, rotate the tires, and check the tranny fluid, coolant, belts, hoses before we take off on our trip.  I got a call the other day-- metal flakes in the tranny fluid.  :think:  

So now I'm in for a SECOND rebuilt tranny on this truck.  All it had to do was make it to next spring, and we were going to trade it in anyway.  Dangit.  DirtWeek isn't here yet, and I'm already broke. :( 

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
My bill is not tallied yet.......I have a list of some parts I need to go get. In addition to that I did buy some new gear, a new rear tire, and I'm getting a new helmet light ($$! :scream: )

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The bike bills are not any different then usual for us. Since thekid races almost every weekend we have a stockpile of spare everythings.
My expenses are going to be respringing his old CR for me so I have a bike to putt around on.
The truck is next in line- I have known tires are an upcoming need and everyday I look at them trying to decide whether to do them before or after DW.
Then there is the camper 2 blowout in the last 2 weeks didn't help the pocketbook.
I guess I really should replace the helmet I cracked when I crashed and broke my collarbone. At first I didn't think about it because I was convinced I was going to quit riding but my resolve in that direction is slowly dieing

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Umm...

F350 Crew Cab Diesel ......................................... $45k
26' Camper/Toy Hauler ........................................ $25k
Gear/Bike Parts/Etc (after our stuff was stolen)... $2k
Possibly new (to me) KX100 ................................ $2k
One week w/ the DRN Crew at Cooperland ......... PRICELESS!

We are so broke and in debt it's not even funny... but that okay - you only live once, we'll never be 23/28 again, and you can't take it with ya!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
RV rental, trailer rental, new aparal (for me and the kid!), knee braces for all, new tires for all, new filters, lots of fluids (premix, gear, chain, coolant, brake, filter, beer...), brake pads, food...when does it end.

Worth every penny!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Hey, I'm going to drive most of the way to West Virginia Next Saturday and Sunday to pick up a sweet 03 KTM 300 MX/C!! Just decided that yesterday. Anyone looking for a 02 CRF? It'll be for sale at DW...

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
... We are so broke and in debt it's not even funny... but that okay - you only live once, we'll never be 23/28 again, and you can't take it with ya!

Nikki - I just wished i had realized that when i was 23!! ;)

As for the $$ - well it seems to just keep popuring out of the pockets as i get ready to depart for DW!   :scream:

New parts - same old bike.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
I haven't done jack to my bike. It's still muddy from the last ride. Busy moving and all that other bull crap... maj0r sux0rz

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Smitty
Anyone looking for a 02 CRF? It'll be for sale at DW...

Wanna trade for an 02 YZ426? :confused:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
nikki, whats up with the kx100 you mentioned?  looks like i'll be brining one along for my "pit bike" :yeehaw: .  Actually it's my future mini roadracing bike, but still has knobbies on it.  The motor in mine is nothing special, sort of a narrow powerband, but still a real hoot to ride!  Great in the woods!

jabroni1m

Mar 14, 2003
xr600 $2300
4 tubes $43
lowering link $66.98
helmet $144
no2 $40
goggles, tearoffs, extra lens, $66
turn signal bulbs $10 couple extra
new rims for street tires so I don't have to change everything $dont' know yet

Top Bottom