Pre-mix oil

rvguy

May 31, 2002
Just wondering if anyone uses Maxima Super M or Castor 927, and if so, how do you like it?. I have been asking most of the local riders and local shops about pre-mix oils, but someone has something bad to say about almost every oil. I have also been told, because I ride mostly in the woods, not to use full synthetic. But some people say to use nothing but synthetic.
I've been using Silkolene comp 2 synthetic blend, but I can't stand the nasty smell that comes out of the pipe. Any non-biased opinions would be greatly appreciated.

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
Belray MC 1 works great for me, I ride mostly on mx tracks but ever since I've used it my bike runs great and I never foul plugs anymore. Before I was usuing the Kawi oil the dealer gives you when you buy it new.

Kawadougie

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2002
I have used Maxima Castor 927 for years with no problems. It smells much better than the other oils but it tastes awful. ;-) Seriously, just about any modern oil works great, pick one that works for you.

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
i use maxima super-m and sometimes castor-927 and it works great i suggest you try it, and i have no problems, castor 927 smells like race gas when it burns, bothnoils burn cleaner too

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Some ojne told me that MOTOREX is a really good product and ...that the smelle is "racing" ....any opinions ?
Perso I'm using Castrol747 ...graet smell and quality ..
RakO

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I use Maxima SuperM. It is a great oil for wood riders because of it's low flash point and clean burning. Castor oil is more towards the high RPM motors (mx riding).

clumberjacks

Apr 25, 2002
i use AMSOIL but i have heard some good and some bad things about the premixed oils. i would go with the fully synthetic if i were you. but go with whatever you think is going to run your bike the best

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Why don't oil mfg's put a darn scratch-n-sniff sticker on the side of the bottles so we can decide before we buy which oil to run? :silly:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
Why don't oil mfg's put a darn scratch-n-sniff sticker on the side of the bottles so we can decide before we buy which oil to run? :silly:
LOL
Excuse me ,but is that klotz you are wearing. :p

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL!!!

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
this topic is sure openning a can of worms... 10 people reply and get 10 different opinions... you will never get a landslide vote on any oil. Do research, see what people tend to like and dislike and go from there. Personally I have used Belray MC1, HR1 and currently Mobil MX2T.

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
For what its worth, I have been doing some checking on these 100% synthetic oils for pre-mix use. I am not, and never will be any kind of an oil expert, but from what I can tell, it appears that Maxima Formula K2, Belray H1R, Motul 800 2T, and the Redline oils are formulated from "polyolester or POE" basestocks while most of the other good synthetics are formulated from PAO (polyalphaolephin) base stocks.

From what I've read, the POE based oils offer the best lubrication qualities, while the PAO based oils, while still extremely good, are not as good as the POE oils. Esters (POE's) are cleaner burning, have more thermal and oxidative stability and reduced friction. They also have polar ends which chemically adhere to metal surfaces for additional film strength and load carrying capability. Their drawback is higher cost.

Even so, you can read all ya want, but common sense tells ya that actual observed use in an engine would be the best thing to go by. I have noticed that a few people are not really too up on this oil thing. I was riding the other day and talked to a guy with a brand new '02 Suzuki RM125 and he was using that SuperTech 2-stroke oil from Walmart and wondered if that was why it wasn't running as good as the day he bought it. I guess that could be blamed on the dealer for not educating him; its really not at all his fault for not knowing what to run.

From what I've read, the Mobil1 products are PAO based (including the MX2T pre-mix oil). This does not in any way make them any less than excellent products, plus I think they are lower cost (depending on the product) and somewhat easier to find.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…