2-stroker

Dec 5, 2004
I'm totally new to two strokes (despite my username, I want to become acuainted with them) so I am going to ask a newbie question. :nener: What is used more, gas or pre-mix? Ive heard of people running 40:1?, which one is the gas and which one is the oil? :bang: Thanks to all who reply.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Get yourself a ratio-rite measuring cup and the whole mixing ritual will be simple.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Indeed.

I always gotta chuckle when I hear the thumper crowd use "no more premixing!" as part of the justification for their purchase. It takes me about 30 seconds to mix my gas for the day.

The ratio-rite has markings in 'columns' for how much gas you are mixing - 2 gallons, 3 gallons, etc. You then just read down the appropriate column for your premix ratio - 40:1, 36:1, etc. It couldn't be simpler. :)

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
2-stroker said:
Thank you. Sorry for the dumb question. :think:

Not to sound too cliche`ish, but asking questions is how we learn. If you need to know something, ask away. This is why help forums exisit. Also, get the ratio-rite measuring cup mentioned above. Just get the one that has the lid on it. I bought one without the lid and mine will collect all sorts of dirt and junk if I keep it uncovered. Get the lid......:)

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
pace said:
Indeed.

I always gotta chuckle when I hear the thumper crowd use "no more premixing!" as part of the justification for their purchase. It takes me about 30 seconds to mix my gas for the day.

The ratio-rite has markings in 'columns' for how much gas you are mixing - 2 gallons, 3 gallons, etc. You then just read down the appropriate column for your premix ratio - 40:1, 36:1, etc. It couldn't be simpler. :)

Actually, I didn't use it as a justifiaction for my purchase, but I do like not having to fool with mixing the gas and oil, or the special trips across town for race gas.........:)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
showtime586 said:
Just get the one that has the lid on it. I bought one without the lid and mine will collect all sorts of dirt and junk if I keep it uncovered. Get the lid......:)
I save up and got mine in about 1975, didn't have no lids then. I guess I'll have to get me a new fangled one with a lid now. :think: Hey, I could get two and keep my tuna-fish fresh in the fridge and I could mix it properly with mayo and relish. What's that ratio again?

Top Bottom