duke

Oct 9, 1999
I was wondering what would the maximum shelf life of pre mix (91 octane w/Yamalube at 40:1) that could be used if it were still stored in the bikes tank? The bike is stored in a garage, with tempature lows reaching low forties and highs in the high sixties?

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
It will last a lot longer if you can store it in a metal can not a plastic one. I'm lucky, I can use my old gas up in my snow blower this time of year

duke

Oct 9, 1999
There are some time spans where I find myself burning gas thats been sitting in the tank for up to 6 weeks. If your not having any problems at 4-5 months, then I guess I have nothing to worry about

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I've never had trouble with old gas until new years day and I was back off in the woods, I'll keep my gas fresh from now on as I had to push my bike about 1/2 mile back to the truck.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
After four weeks I'd dump it into the weed wacker. It really looses its punch beyond that.

Of course, if you are storing the bike for the winter (do you even have winter in LA?) you should run some Stabul (spelling???) through the fuel system and then drain all but a few ounces from the tank.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I think my weedeater would run nonstop until the year 2015 on 5 gallons of gas.

Jokes aside - I put it in my wifes's old car that doesnt do anything. In ran just fine. No smole or anything - no engine lights either.

sn

Instaurare

Sep 22, 2003
A few states use the gas additive MTBE, which greatly shortens the shelf life of gasoline. Auto dealer service managers have told me before that without MTBE, gas stays good for about 3 months. With MTBE, only about one month.

Top Bottom