ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
I have a problem with arm and hand fatigue in hare scrambles. It starts happening very early on and it takes a while to recover from. It's usually brought on by the first nasty hill climb or two where I inevitably get stuck behind someone who blows the hill and getting me stuck with him.

I don't have the problem when I play ride I think because I take it easy at first giving myself time to warm up. Then can ride hard for hours. But at a race where there is no opportunity to pre-ride, how do I get my muscles warmed up?

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
Do you get a practice ride in Hare Scrambles? I have never ridden one yet. I sound like a broken record with this, but to stop my hand problems, I take two aspirin with a snack (so as to not upset stomach) before I go riding. On my practice ride, I have a bit of trouble hanging on, then for the rest of the day my hands are fine and no more of a problem. If I do not take the aspirin, they will give me trouble all day. I was really worried until I found this fix. I had started riding MX after a loooong spell of not-riding and I thought I would not be able to continue. I was worried my Carpal Tunnel would stop me from doing what I love. Then I found the very simple fix of the aspirin from another rider and it works.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Some races I do in Canada there are places you can buzz around but generally there is no practice lap. I think this is because sections of the course get rutted so easily that they want to try and keep it in good condition for the race.

I don't know if the aspirin will help as I don't suffer from any sort of pain or CTS.

Top Bottom