Pre-Reno Party/Ride #2! Jan 30th-Feb 1st.

biglou

Just like last year, I'm going to open up Casa Del Luis for the weekend if anyone wants to come down and ride or just hang out. Last year was a smashing success and with only 3-4 days notice! This year, I'm extending the invite a little earlier. Show up anytime after working hours on Friday Jan 30th, stay as long as you want until bedtime Sunday Feb 1st. If the weather cooperates, we'll go ride. If not, we'll watch football on the big screen. No matter what, though, we will be eating at "Jazz" (Cajun place) Saturday night. That alone is worth the drive!

Ed and Aimee will be there, dropping off theirs, Nik & Red's and Gnarly's bikes for the Reno trip. I'm sure Rooster will be comin' down, too. Anyone else? Jerry? Moltenmetal? Silent Jake? Daveb? Walt? Senior? Any of you suthun boys? Okie? Swift?

I've got floor space for prolly up to 20 people. Maybe more if we spoon... :yeehaw:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
8+ hour drive; gas - :eek:

Edit: Train ride - 12 hours; cost - $88.00... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
You can do it! I drove 27 hours (one way) to hang out with Lou and the crew.

If you go to Jazz, avoid the blackened catfish if you're drinking Newcastle. :eek:

biglou

Ha! I double-dog-dare ~d and Rich to come down! :p Chicago is an 8 hour drive. Leave after work, get here 'round midnite. Ride and eat Saturday, make a leisurely drive home Sunday. Sound like a plan? There's someone here who'd love to meet you two, btw... :thumb:

This would be a good opportunity for doc Neph, too. Everyone's welcome. All ages, too. Just a boring weekend riding, eating and hangin' with DRN'ers. It doesn't get much better than that in my book.

motometal

Lifetime Sponsor
sounds like fun.   hmmmmm... I've got a snowmobile trip in N. Wisconsin two weekends after that...not sure if I could clear this by "the boss"...

Has the ground frozen there yet?  Does it normally freeze? 

Are you thinking Merwin?  Or, if it's wet maybe there's a place with sandy dirt...

Last edited:

Jamir

I come and go
~d~ if you don't come to this, I will send my Chitown crew over there to kidnap you!

biglou

No frozen ground here, MM. It was 58 and sunny today. No telling what it will be like in three weeks. Merwin has lots of mulch now, so it's only blue groove on the straights. The corners rock now. If it rains, we might think about Deepwater, which is hillbilly heaven, but sandy and should be relatively uncrowded this time of year. I'll have to keep an eye on RJ's race schedule for Merwin, but since he added the mulch, he's been having Saturday practice sessions on race weekend, so we should be good to go regardless. If not, I got tons of moto DVD's now for the big screen.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
I'll check the "on-call" schedule. This is doable! Lou, you just want your garage to look like TX246's during the Dallas SX weekend!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Well since my name wasnt on the list, I dont consider myself invited. :(

biglou

Originally posted by Milk
Well since my name wasnt on the list, I dont consider myself invited. :(
Originally posted by BigLou
Just like last year, I'm going to open up Casa Del Luis for the weekend if anyone wants to come down...
Me n' you's spoonin', big boy... :yeehaw:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Ha. It would be fun but I have to watch my punk nephew that Saturday night, Jan. 31. His parents have a party they have to go to, and no one will watch all 3 of them lil turds together so they have to be split up.

If his momma would let him go, I might consider bringin him, but I dont think you guys would want a chillun around.

Jamir

I come and go
Milk, you better do what ever you can to come here. I have a score to settle with you Mr.Headinjury! Besides, I know you wanna see me and Lou shread the axes!

biglou

Besides, Auntie Aimee would be happy to watch the chilluns, right? :p I think Al's boy is 9 y/o, btw.

How about WaltC and sons? Oldguy?