Pre-Reno Party/Ride #2! Jan 30th-Feb 1st.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
biglou said:
There's a BB closer than those two nik. :thumb:

When I went to www.bestbuy.com and put in Belton, MO - those were the closest 2 showing the memory card in stock. It's on backorder online as well. Must be selling well because it's on sale? :think:

I hope no one thinks I'm too weird.... but I'm bringing 6 pairs of shoes for my less than 2 day trip.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
There is a BB a couple of miles from me in each direction right now.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
no no, that is hot!

Of course, you think it is less than a two day trip. Little do you know that it will be many moons before the snow will melt and allow you to leave!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I can just see it now ... bodies everywhere, scattered about like toothpicks in the wind, draped casually across furniture and each other, oblivious to the surroundings, secure in the warm bosom of biglou's hearth. :laugh:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I hope that the digital cameras never stop this weekend. I'd love to see some (akward/incriminating/embarrassing) photos!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Well, its Saturday morning and we're all starting to move around thanks to Pot of Coffee #2. We had a surprise guest show up last night (RED DOG!!!). We're now contemplating breakfast and some of us still want to ride. We'll see how the day unfolds..... :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey crew... reddog and I made it home. We escaped the crappy weather and had a good trip. Hopefully everyone's flights are on time as well. We both had a great weekend! Thanks, Lou, for getting everyone together and thanks, Jamie, for Gomerpalooza - it was a blast! Time for us to put our helmets on and go to sleep.

PS - Reddog says "Coonass Chicken Rocks!!" :aj:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I have arrived back to the Bat Cave safe and sound. Thank you everyone for such a great weekend. Getting the chance to meet all of you was a memory I will savor forever. I hope everyone has made it home safe and sound. Lou, you are one awesome host. :thumb: Thank you so much for letting us crash in your living room. I guess it's back to sleeping in a bed for me.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Hey Kids I'm home! I arrived at the airport about 45 minutes ago, with the good news of the Patriots 32-29 Superbowl victory! YAHOO!

It was great to see everyone! Lou~thanks for letting us take over your house for the weekend, I had a blast! Jamie~Gomerpalooza was great (sans scary blonde boy...)!

For those of us that have said this 75 times already today, 11 DAYS TILL RENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You sleep in a bed ~d~ ? Hummm... most people sleep on them I think
:clue:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey everyone! Its 12:45 AM here in Cali, I made it home just fine. I got the airport in Salt Lake City in time to see the Patriots win the Superbowl and have some hot wings but they were'nt as good as the ones we had at O'Chaleys earlier in the day, lol. My flight into SF was delayed <1 hour but its all good. Glad to see everyone made it home safely!

Lou, thanks for letting us all take over your house and being an awesoe host!! Jamir, you ROCK buddy!! Gomerpalooza was your brainchild and because of you it was a total success! Agent Orange, thanks for all the driving to and from the airport!!! Red Dog, thanks for hauling everyone around in your truck too!! And thanks for being the surprise mystery guest!!!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Okiewan said:
You sleep in a bed ~d~ ? Hummm... most people sleep on them I think
:clue:

It's cold up here... I have to compensate. :moon:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sometimes compensation for Lou's parties....ahhh never mind

The drive home to Iowa, from KCI (MCI officially) airport was, well, interesting? No, it was flat out madness. I took some sort of hillbilly backroad link from St. Joe to I35. I belive it was Route 92, or better known as "we have no idea what a snow plow is trail". 30 some miles, took one full hour. The slop was about 2" deep and the road was anything but wide. I had several "oh crap, I'm gonna lose my mirror!!" moments with on-coming traffic. So, that being over, I hit I35 North towards Des Moines. At this point, I'm on slushy, wet, not so bad conditions. It's now 6:00 PM, and the temps are dropping. This mean ice. You know? The kind they call "black ice" ? Yeah, that's the stuff, where you think you are running along just fine, until you drop down a gear on a hill, and your back end tries to pass your front end. Fun!!! So, I back off a bit, try to tail a semi and make the best of the situation, untill, all of a sudden, I realize my windsheild washer doo hickey no longer works on the driver side. Great. Ugh. Stop, pour hot water from the coffee machine at the station on it. Bingo! It works!! For two miles. Fortunately, at this point in time, the traffic is down to nothing but the die hards, and fools like me that weren't smart enough to find a motel and make the trip after the winter storm had passed. Guess I'm kinda stooooopid that way. Black ice turned into black ice with snow on top of it, which, I must say, made it even more fun. Slide, stick, slide, stick, slide, stick........4x4 is the best thing ever invented.......except for, of course, the dirt bike. By the time I hit the border between Iowa and Missery, the pavement was clean and clear, with a dusting of snow. (did I mention that my windshield washer is still not working? ) That made for some time lost, made good time for about 60 miles. Then the heavy snow. From about 30 miles south of Des Moines, the stuff came down so hard, it was hard to see much more than 100 feet in front of me. There was a clean path on the right lanes, but, oddly enough, the packed stuff in the passing lane was better traction and moving faster than the "clear lanes" so I hammered down towards home. This continues on to Ames, at which point I make my way east to my Kornfeeld. Once on highway 30, I realized there had been NO plows on this road, and got to have a lot of fun blasting down it all by myself. There were no other vehicles anywhere to be seen, so I owned that highway!! I took the liberty to throw the old chebby sideways a few times and laughed my way on home. Insanity has it's benefits. :p

Home, alive, happy and glad to have spent the weekend with great friends.

Jamie, your gig rocked!

Lou - still the host with the most!

Al - thanks for all the transportation. Oh, yeah, can I get the recipe for those brownies you brought over?

Eddie, will you mount that new Maxxis I have for my WR? You got style, man.

No more monkeys!!

Natalie - check for peeps in the master bath.......

Coonass Chicken Rocks!!

Aimee, Little Ricky needs to be fired up every now and then. It's a GOOD thing.

JP - that waitress at Studio 24 asked me for your phone number when you were in the bathroom, so I gave her mine. Hope you don't mind. :moon:

nikki, you really need to quit sleepin in that helmet.

Red? How can you possibly sleep in front of half a dozen people while "Time to Ride" is on? Sheeesh!

Sam - do you own any pants that are not "low rise" :p

dirty ~d~ - bring that Rich dude with you next time. I still think he's a myth.

Oh, yeah, and Lou....you may want to call MidAmerica Energy and have them check out that gas leak............you know, the one that knocked everyone out until mid-afternoon on Saturday?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
sounds like you guys had fun, wish I coulda been there. Rooster, was there any sudden "rrrrrrrrt!" noises Saturday morning, like last time?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I didn't notice any sudden "rrrrrrrrt!" noises.

Top Bottom