Pre-Reno Party/Ride #2! Jan 30th-Feb 1st.

B

biglou

Just like last year, I'm going to open up Casa Del Luis for the weekend if anyone wants to come down and ride or just hang out. Last year was a smashing success and with only 3-4 days notice! This year, I'm extending the invite a little earlier. Show up anytime after working hours on Friday Jan 30th, stay as long as you want until bedtime Sunday Feb 1st. If the weather cooperates, we'll go ride. If not, we'll watch football on the big screen. No matter what, though, we will be eating at "Jazz" (Cajun place) Saturday night. That alone is worth the drive!

Ed and Aimee will be there, dropping off theirs, Nik & Red's and Gnarly's bikes for the Reno trip. I'm sure Rooster will be comin' down, too. Anyone else? Jerry? Moltenmetal? Silent Jake? Daveb? Walt? Senior? Any of you suthun boys? Okie? Swift?

I've got floor space for prolly up to 20 people. Maybe more if we spoon... :yeehaw:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
8+ hour drive; gas - :eek:

Edit: Train ride - 12 hours; cost - $88.00... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
You can do it! I drove 27 hours (one way) to hang out with Lou and the crew.

If you go to Jazz, avoid the blackened catfish if you're drinking Newcastle. :eek:

B

biglou

Ha! I double-dog-dare ~d and Rich to come down! :p Chicago is an 8 hour drive. Leave after work, get here 'round midnite. Ride and eat Saturday, make a leisurely drive home Sunday. Sound like a plan? There's someone here who'd love to meet you two, btw... :thumb:

This would be a good opportunity for doc Neph, too. Everyone's welcome. All ages, too. Just a boring weekend riding, eating and hangin' with DRN'ers. It doesn't get much better than that in my book.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
sounds like fun.   hmmmmm... I've got a snowmobile trip in N. Wisconsin two weekends after that...not sure if I could clear this by "the boss"...

Has the ground frozen there yet?  Does it normally freeze? 

Are you thinking Merwin?  Or, if it's wet maybe there's a place with sandy dirt...

Last edited:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
~d~ if you don't come to this, I will send my Chitown crew over there to kidnap you!

B

biglou

No frozen ground here, MM. It was 58 and sunny today. No telling what it will be like in three weeks. Merwin has lots of mulch now, so it's only blue groove on the straights. The corners rock now. If it rains, we might think about Deepwater, which is hillbilly heaven, but sandy and should be relatively uncrowded this time of year. I'll have to keep an eye on RJ's race schedule for Merwin, but since he added the mulch, he's been having Saturday practice sessions on race weekend, so we should be good to go regardless. If not, I got tons of moto DVD's now for the big screen.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll check the "on-call" schedule. This is doable! Lou, you just want your garage to look like TX246's during the Dallas SX weekend!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Well since my name wasnt on the list, I dont consider myself invited. :(

B

biglou

Originally posted by Milk
Well since my name wasnt on the list, I dont consider myself invited. :(
Originally posted by BigLou
Just like last year, I'm going to open up Casa Del Luis for the weekend if anyone wants to come down...
Me n' you's spoonin', big boy... :yeehaw:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Ha. It would be fun but I have to watch my punk nephew that Saturday night, Jan. 31. His parents have a party they have to go to, and no one will watch all 3 of them lil turds together so they have to be split up.

If his momma would let him go, I might consider bringin him, but I dont think you guys would want a chillun around.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Milk, you better do what ever you can to come here. I have a score to settle with you Mr.Headinjury! Besides, I know you wanna see me and Lou shread the axes!

B

biglou

Besides, Auntie Aimee would be happy to watch the chilluns, right? :p I think Al's boy is 9 y/o, btw.

How about WaltC and sons? Oldguy?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
No matter what, though, we will be eating at "Jazz" (Cajun place) Saturday night.

Come on man, you bring folks to KC, you gotta take 'em out for BBQ! Or at least take them to the original Jazz and not the watered down Lees Summit version.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I might consider flying out just to go to Jazz! Well okay, maybe to hang out with the crew and ride some, too. As long as Lou will let me listen to the SX webcast on Saturday night, again.

I found airfare for $130 round trip. Fly out Friday (any time) and fly home Sunday night. Lou - how far is the airport from your place? I haven't run it by my boss yet though... and he won't be coming because it's his last hunting weekend. He is taking off Thursday and Friday that weekend to go hunting... so maybe I can leverage that ;)

D - wanna join me on a weekend adventure? The flight is like 1 hour 15 mins! Thats shorter than my damn commute (one-way) to work! :thumb:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Rooster "might" be coming down? You ARE kidding, right? I do have a place reserved on that trailer for my bike, yaknow!!

I'll be there.

Milk, you need to get there too, I got something for you.............. :eek:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Nik, the airport is up in BFE but let us know. I can pick you up if you need me to.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Same here nikki, the airport is practically on my way to Lou's, let us know what your schedule is, we will get you there and back.

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Four blocks...I dunno, thats pretty far for me to travel. I will help with taxi service to and from the airport as well.

Also, I have an extra bike for a loaner that weekend..

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hmmmmmmm......... airfare from SF $242 round trip. I'm thinkin' about it.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Come on out Natty!!!!! That would be sweeeet! You're more than welcome to share my bike. I'm thinking about arriving Friday night at the KC airport between 8:00-9:30 pm and leaving Sunday any time - probably between 4:00-7:00 pm.

Top Bottom