Galena, IL
Who wants to play? What is your level of riding ability? choose:
a) raced x class...
b) never raced but riding for x years..
c) mostly puttsing around...
c) just a beginner...
d) scared shiftless...

What do you think of this format?

Premise: since we seem to have a very wide range of riding abilities and experience I propose a twist for the experienced and easily-bored riders... Here's the Battle Plan:

-GP track, minimum 3 laps

-at end of 3rd lap the last one to cross the line is flagged off the course and after each succeeding lap until only one is left standing ....or riding as the case may be

-experienced riders will be given a 'handicap" by taking a detour down the deep gorge through some woods and rejoin the main part of the GP track... I am betting that the skeered beginners won't be lapped quite so fast and make it more interesting for all levels of abilities

whaddya think? who wants to play?

Pokie

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
Sounds good to me. I've been riding for 2 years with tracks being my specialty. I race MX in the women's novice and 125 C class. I don't know much about GP racing but it sounds fun. I would also like to race against the guys in the novice class. Will that be a conflict with this race? If not, count me in! :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
MXbabe

no conflict; you can enter any and all classes if you like. GP track is essentially a natural grass track with fewer and easier obstacles than a typical MX track.

But remember, this is not serious racing... it is mostly for fun!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
As long as the ride is on Thurs or Fri - count me in! I've been riding for 3 years and race MX in the women's class (and some 125C too). Never done any hare scrambles, woods, GP, or enduro stuff... so it will be fun :confused:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Hmmmm, I'm leaning towards D....... :scream:
Can I just throw a tow rope around LoriKTM and have her haul my butt around the track? I can be her handicap! :confused:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Yeah, right miss slacker! ;)

I saw you ride at Reno. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of.
Besides, you ride a KTM, so what are you worried about?? :D

If you want, we can "practice" and I will ride right on your butt, revving the engine and making you all paranoid. Just like a real race!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
can I enter???

Evryone tells me I ride like a Nancy. Does that qualify me? Actually, I would most likely get spanked in all the women's races too, but at least they are nicer to me when I come in last... :o

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
no way. My wife is more of a "cruiser" rider. But, it looks like the littlest miss Mo may be signing up for DW 03. Unfortunately school and the lack of a bike will be keeping her out this year but she is finally ready to sell one of her four legged oatbags for something that has wheels. :) Slo' Mo might have to be solo this year.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Re: can I enter???

Originally posted by slo' mo
Evryone tells me I ride like a Nancy. Does that qualify me? Actually, I would most likely get spanked in all the women's races too, but at least they are nicer to me when I come in last... :o

You would enjoy getting "spanked" too much you Nancy :p

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I am in the doghouse but

my wife agreed to give it a try as long as there is at least one other entrant that has very limited riding experience also. She has at best a total 4 hrs riding and 1 trip over the bars as of now. I will try to get her out to the track at least once more before DW01

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
let's see, so far we have:

Cycledelic
LoriKTM
Nikki
Gospeed
Scooter
mxbabe
Anne Brooks

......may be some partners who still have to be persuaded:
Mrs Oldguy
Mrs. Zimmerman
Jen (OT)

...who else?

few, but elite bunch! we'll just have to go into the audience and "drag" some individuals onto the track.... Rich... you got your bustier?

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Come On Ladies!... only 18 days to Friday 9/21 at 1:30, the appointed time, when the focus will be exclusively on you to shine to the cheers of all the spodely males...
BTW we are still open for suggestions on making the race more "fun" and/or interesting...
...there is a suggestion that each rider, as she finishes the race, be carried to the tower by spodely moderators.... the winner being carried on the broad shoulders of Okie and Thump... for the "crowning" ceremony... and photo-op............ hmmmm, maybe carried around the GP track, naw... too much!
...any other ideas?

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
OOOOOOOOOOPS.... thanks for clearing my vision; fixed.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
I usually race in the C class--as most Illinois races dont have a Women's class!! I raced in the Buffalo Range GP and did ok, I guess. I suck on the MX track, but can hold my own in the woods!! GP course would be fine with me....looking forward to it!

Top Bottom