Preliminary roll call.................

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey CJ,

We would be definately *in* on an Idaho ride! Instead of expensive flyin vacations to foreign places for vacations (which is quite fun, eh...<g>) .....Susan and I are thinking about making 2004 - the year of the "dirt bike tour."

Here's our prelminary list of what we would like/plan to do:

-- MoonRocks in Feb. Scheduled and locked down. "yee-haw"
-- *Maybe* do Baja Bound Adventure's "Hooters on Scooter's Ride" in April timeframe. (Only women or couples are allowed on the ride. ride is targeted towards women.)
-- A spring trip to Moab and ride some canyons, slick-rock, and just flat have fun exploring new places
-- Idaho Spodefest (sounds good!)
-- a *bunch* of regional races: China Hat ISDE, Funky Chicken National Hare Scrambles, and a bunch of Goldendale/Washougal Grand Prixs, and a ton of trail riding.

All leading up to getting us really good to do well at the Elsinore Grand Prix in November. Susan and I improved a lot this year (Susan got six laps in and was only a minute behind me...!)

http://www.pictology.com//ecom/even...nvite-id=cf4791e4-b387-4267-bd13-b20d98b7c003

http://www.pictology.com//ecom/even...nvite-id=2b0e6e9c-d755-4589-b625-b07db845c5af

We both want to key on Elsinore with the targeted goal of actually placing - or at a miminum of hitting top 30% and getting a plaque.

So yah... we'd be interested in an Idaho "get-together/ride" ..... 'cause for us....2004 is all about dirt bikes and cool road trips. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Cheers! - RandyB/SusanP (The Ant)

Last edited:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
E-Ticket -

NO WAY (WAY)... WE WOULD LOVE TO DO "HOOTERS ON SCOOTERS" TOO!!!!! This sounded JUST TOO COOL when Heather was telling us about it! I cannot believe that ya'll were thinking the same thing!!! We are just gonna get into TOO MUCH TROUBLE this coming year; I can just tell!!!

BTW... That pic of Susan flying over the jump with those heart antenea is CLASSIC; LOL!!!

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
*Maybe* do Baja Bound Adventure's "Hooters on Scooter's Ride" in April timeframe. (Only women or couples are allowed on the ride. ride is targeted towards women.)

E-Ticket (and anyone else)--My husband and I are planning a 5-day Baja trip in April. We are planning to go with Trail Boss Tours (my husband has taken two Baja trips with them and has had a blast each time); we haven't put our deposit down yet and are still working out the details regarding exact dates. I've never heard of the "Hooters on Scooters" ride, but it sounds like fun! I went to the website for Baja Bound and saw the photos, but there is no written information. Can you provide more details? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by E-Ticket
*Maybe* do Baja Bound Adventure's "Hooters on Scooter's Ride" in April timeframe. (Only women or couples are allowed on the ride. ride is targeted towards women.)
Oh man! I want to do that ride so badly! I wanted to try and do it last year (or year before last?) but the price tag and time kinda killed it for me. There was a big article about this ride some time ago in my AMA magazine.
Funny you should bring this up, I was just telling Bundy about it last week when he was over at our house and I thought it would be fun to round up a bunch of the DRN ladies to do it all together when I could finally arrange to do it. Don't know if I'll be able to swing it this year though, kinda trying to work in a trip to Hawaii with Natty. Decisions..........Decisions!! :confused:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
"Plan Early for "Hooters On Scooters" 2004! Middle of May is the expected ride date. It will for sure be a great time with some unique night stops! Jennifer (Tim's wife) will be along on the ride on her KTM 450exc again, and like we say for every H.O.S. ride, couples and ladies solo are welcome, no guys solo. The ride will be led by Tim and we'll use our usual staff of workers so, Ladies, there's no need to worry about breaking down in the wilderness or having any trouble. All riders need to be of novice off-road ability at the very least."

http://www.bajaboundmoto.com/news/index.html

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by RockyRoads

E-Ticket (and anyone else)--My husband and I are planning a 5-day Baja trip in April. We are planning to go with Trail Boss Tours (my husband has taken two Baja trips with them and has had a blast each time); we haven't put our deposit down yet and are still working out the details regarding exact dates. I've never heard of the "Hooters on Scooters" ride, but it sounds like fun! I went to the website for Baja Bound and saw the photos, but there is no written information. Can you provide more details? Thanks in advance!

Hey I spent my Honeymoon on a Trail Boss Tour to Cabo!
They are very gracious hosts and know how to have a good time.
Chris Stewart is a great trail leader and Nancy is the fastest woman rider I've ever seen off road.
You'll have a blast. A bit of advice, don't ride a 2-stroke :|

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Okay, I need some help here. I feel really stupid to have to ask but..... I have the name "Angela" on my spreadsheet for the Reno ride. The only other info is that she rides a CRF230f and for the life of me I can't remember who that is! I searched back through this thread and the on in the Reno Ride sub-forum but didn't see the name. I must have come from somewhere?? Anyone remember her? :ugg:

Any news yet from those on the fence? Mini_thumper? bbbom? dirtygirly? Pegasus? TwistnShout/KTMster?? only 38 more days!! :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I THINK Angela is the wife of HighDesertXR400 (Somthing like it). I met them at Oregon two years ago.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
No camping for us - too far to pull the trailer and we aren't nearly as crazy as those Canucks!!

We are staying at the Peppermill but it is the Motorlodge so that's kinda roughing it!!!

We did our last roughing it trip over Halloween - we figured we were lucky nothing on the camp trailer broke. One big poopsicle in the dumptank was the only problem we had but man it was CCCOOOOOLLLLDDD at least it was toasty warm by the fire and in the camper. If it wasn't already a 14 hour drive we would camp but from the looks of the winter so far it will be pretty close to the 2000 Event which took us 18 hours so no camp trailer for us!!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey, now it's time to start working on Jennifer and Pierre and get them out Reno as well!

Hey guys, c'mon and go play with us! :yeehaw:

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by bbbom
No camping for us - too far to pull the trailer and we aren't nearly as crazy as those Canucks!!

We are staying at the Peppermill but it is the Motorlodge so that's kinda roughing it!!!

We did our last roughing it trip over Halloween - we figured we were lucky nothing on the camp trailer broke. One big poopsicle in the dumptank was the only problem we had but man it was CCCOOOOOLLLLDDD at least it was toasty warm by the fire and in the camper. If it wasn't already a 14 hour drive we would camp but from the looks of the winter so far it will be pretty close to the 2000 Event which took us 18 hours so no camp trailer for us!!

Wimps!! I`m gonna roost on karl even more than last time!! :laugh:

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:&nbsp;

&nbsp;&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Since all of 'ya girls on the west side of the Mississipi have a Reno ride on Valentine's Day; any east-coasters up for a Valentine day Ride on our side of the stream?&nbsp; I can think of a few places to ride that offer excellent trail as long as the snow stays at bay.&nbsp; Actually a couple of years ago I would put together a 'just the girls' ride, but I'd only get like two other ladies to ever show up!?

:think:

&nbsp;

If anyone kinda local&nbsp;to NJ or doesn't mind a drive and&nbsp;has a open planner for lovely Valentine Day, pm or post it here!&nbsp; I'd like to try a get a&nbsp;group out for a ride!&nbsp;

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Lissa, won't you consider flying out for the Reno Shindig?? I'm sure we can hook you up with a bike. Also, are you going to the Paragon ride May 1&2? I am flying out for that and would love to ride with you, as would many others.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Is it possible to pop this kid out, leave her with Bob and take my GG and meet you girls in Reno??? Total pipe dream.....but what else have I got at this point but what else have I got with 3 weeks until my due date???

I hope you all have fun and I will be thinking of you!!

Anne

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Any news yet from those on the fence? Mini_thumper? bbbom? dirtygirly? Pegasus? TwistnShout/KTMster?? only 38 more days!! :)
Wow, I don't know how I missed this post.....anywhoo, still on the fence here b/c it is not up to me, it is up to the hubby & he's got a race that weekend.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Tell him to go pound sand.... you're going to Reno!

And if you want to do it that way - we have no shortage of people to help you pull it off. ;)

Cheers! - rb

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
I regret that I will not be able to attend. My husband informed me that he is planning to race that weekend & we have always celebrated Valentine’s Day by going for a ride together.

Peace Out!

Top Bottom