jeba6208

Sep 8, 2005
I bought a 93 kdx200 and have been running Maxima Castor 927 oil in the premix. Anyone familiar with this oil? The previous owner said he had run Maxima, but I am not sure if they make an all synthethic oil that I should be using or is the 927 a good choice. Any ideas?

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I like the Maxima all synthetic K-2? at 40 to 1. Castor smells great and is a wonderful lubricant, but I would not use it on a regular basis. It is not a very stable mix and the oil tends to settle out during storage--sometimes even short storages, like almost overnight. When oil settles out of your mix you have troubles and maybe big ones, like a seized engine. If you use castor based oils, a good rule is to burn it the same day you mix it. Often used by racers.

Typically castor based oils and other oils do not mix very vell so it is wise to drain your tank when switching from castor oil mix to others and back. Also, it makes it tougher to top up with your buddies' mix if you are using castor based.

Ride safe--Cheers John

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
SuperM is a blended oil.

FROM their website (http://www.maximausa.com/products/2stroke/supermpremix.asp):

Super-M is a blend of clean burning petroleum base oil, synthetic polyolester, polybutene, anti-scuff/anti-wear compounds and a new additive that keeps rings, power valves and the exhaust tract "carbon free". Another newly developed additive 2000 Centistoke Ester provides additional anti-scuff protection as well as enhanced rust & corrosion protection. This environmentally friendly “smokeless” formula is in a class by itself.

If 'It is a synthetic' means it's all synthetic..it's not. K2 is a 100% synthetic. I'm sure DBDave knows that..but when I read what he posted, I would get the wrong idea unless I knew better. I suppose he meant that it is a synthetic blend.

927 is also a blend. DO note its separation characteristic, like John said. 35º is not very low.

Jul 25, 2005
i ran a whole bottle of castor. i think i made 12 gallons or something at 32:1. isn't castor supposed to be good but it puts a lot more carbon build up everywhere. o, well i have been running 100% synthetic torco. runs alot better with it and it makes much less smoke.

zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
Switch to Golden Spectro Concentrate and run 64:1. No smoke, no splooge and runs like a top. Been doing it like this on various KDX's since 1982 and never had a mixture failure.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I have run nothing but Castor 927 in my yz250 for three years now. Did the top end last winter and there wasn't a speck of excess carbon anywhere.

Top Bottom