Press Release - Camelbak Sponsors Racing Team

GasGas Steve

Jul 29, 2001
For Immediate Release
Dated 8/9/01
Brea, Ca.

Motowest Gas Gas & TM is pleased to announce Camelbak as the official Team Motowest Gas Gas hydration system sponsor. Team Motowest Gas Gas competes in the AMA National Hare and Hound, District 37, WORCS and Glen Helen 6 and 24 hour endurance races.

When asked to comment, team owner Steve Marolda replied; "We're very excited about having Camelbak as part of our team. Camelbak is dedicated to help those who play hard stay properly hydrated".

Team Motowest Gas Gas consists of Charlie Barney, Jon Parks, Anna Cody, Jeff Capt, Mike Bandfield, Ray Bandfield and Norm Takaki. The combined career total AMA Championship number 1 plates earned by the team riders currently stands at 56.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So do they actually let them run the bikes or do they have to push them to keep the eco-freaks happy?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Positive steps from Camelback, looks like someone cares about loosing the income from offroaders.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The company is in a tough position. Multiple users, in all sorts of activities, with several different political opinions. I'm glad that they have attempted to balance thier support by supporting our hobby. I'm also glad they are involved with Gas Gas. Makes you think that maybe they are really smart, I mean they sponsor a team with the toughest most dependable bikes out there.:)

Top Bottom