Pretty quiet around here lately

duke

Oct 9, 1999
No, its just been so hot, that riding the bikes, and the subsequent discussions that follow, has become temporarly dormant. I plan on a brief venture at sunrise to avoid the mid day furnace

ascracer

Oct 21, 2006
I've noticed the "not much happening" lately. I was out today on my KDX working on enduro trail here in SE Ohio. I have only had my KDX for about a year now but I have never rode a more complient motorcycle. If anyone on here wants to ride a good fun enduro Sept 23 the 61st annual "milk run" at Athens, OH. It is KDX approved!

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
Mine is new, so I'll be taking apart and not knowing how to get it back together in the relatively near future. That should provide some content and entertainment.

paab

Aug 31, 2006
No, I went to KTM. I kept my KDX just in case, and I use the KTM for track, and KDX for trail. This way I don't have to compromise with suspension for either venue.

BTW, I'm getting sooo much faster/better in the woods after a lot of MX riding. I never sit at all in the woods now and the KDX feels like a new bike!

duke

Oct 9, 1999
ascracer said:
I've noticed the "not much happening" lately. I was out today on my KDX working on enduro trail here in SE Ohio. I have only had my KDX for about a year now but I have never rode a more complient motorcycle. If anyone on here wants to ride a good fun enduro Sept 23 the 61st annual "milk run" at Athens, OH. It is KDX approved!

I wished that the So California area featured terrain more like what is found in the mid west and east coast, as this type of terrain is where the KDX really shines. Only a small portion of the sanctioned events here in District 37 would be considered "woodsy"

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I'm still riding every Sat and Sun if possible. The heat sucks, but not riding sucks more. Unfortunately the doc says absolutely no riding for at least a week :(. I didn't listen last weekend and went, then ended up twice as sick Monday. Great way to spend a holiday weekend, stuck sitting around. :(

As for bailing on the KDX, yea, I did. Great bike and all, but since getting my YZ I almost never touched the KDX, so I sold it. No regrets. I still be visiting the board and help out when possible.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
adam728 said:
I'm still riding every Sat and Sun if possible. The heat sucks, but not riding sucks more. Unfortunately the doc says absolutely no riding for at least a week :(. I didn't listen last weekend and went, then ended up twice as sick Monday. Great way to spend a holiday weekend, stuck sitting around. :(

As for bailing on the KDX, yea, I did. Great bike and all, but since getting my YZ I almost never touched the KDX, so I sold it. No regrets. I still be visiting the board and help out when possible.

The sad reality is starting to sink in. I've noticed a steady decline in enthusiasm in this forum for the old KDX since they stopped production.
I guess the one thing that keeps me stoked is the rock solid reliability, knowing although I may not stand on the podium, it will take me thru it and I will finish.

Happy for ya on the YZ, I'm afraid soon you too will follow others and fade into the sea of orange, blue and yeller.
Take care Adam.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Still putting it back together and waiting for parts, then the Mojave will have another KDX rider.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
duke said:
I wished that the So California area featured terrain more like what is found in the mid west and east coast, as this type of terrain is where the KDX really shines. Only a small portion of the sanctioned events here in District 37 would be considered "woodsy"

You think that's bad........you should try finding a place to ride in RI........we have lots of woods and trails......just no legal place to ride at this time :(

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
It's about 10 minutes from my house.......to bad a street plate is needed.......maybe I just need a new street legal KTM 450..........

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Sandman 2.0 said:
You think that's bad........you should try finding a place to ride in RI........we have lots of woods and trails......just no legal place to ride at this time :(

Oh, I dont perceive my situation as "bad". On the contrary, I am well aware that I have it lucky, with acres upon acres to ride. I just tend to gravitate towards terrain more like what the rest of the country features.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
duke said:
Oh, I dont perceive my situation as "bad". On the contrary, I am well aware that I have it lucky, with acres upon acres to ride. I just tend to gravitate towards terrain more like what the rest of the country features.

Your killin me Duke........RI is the absolute worse place to own a dirt bike now......When I grew up, you could ride anywhere as long as you didn't ride on the street, the cops wouldn't bother you. Absolutely NO legal public riding areas..... I got into observed trials and joined a private club just so I could ride something regularly........bought a house with land just so I could set up my own sections.......pretty sad.......my poor KDX just sits most of the time.......

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Sandman 2.0 said:
Your killin me Duke........RI is the absolute worse place to own a dirt bike now......When I grew up, you could ride anywhere as long as you didn't ride on the street, the cops wouldn't bother you. Absolutely NO legal public riding areas..... I got into observed trials and joined a private club just so I could ride something regularly........bought a house with land just so I could set up my own sections.......pretty sad.......my poor KDX just sits most of the time.......

I have to tip my hat to the members of District 37, and Corva for making such an aggressive stance agasint those pursuing land closures. They have forever stood toe to toe, battling those who are seeking a complete eviction of mechanized recreation (mountain bikers too) from public lands. The confrontation will never cease, but will in fact intensify as the years pass. This is why I have always been an advocate of mandating anyone who buys a dirt bike or quad to belong to a legitimate off road club whose mainstay is to keep lands open and promote a positive image of its constituency. We are our worst enemies in this regard

MaicoCPA

Sep 5, 2006
The biggest threat to riding areas is not environmentalists (much as I hate them), it is development. A housing tract going in next to your prime riding spot is going to get it shut down faster than any enviro ever could. We can run the quitest exhausts made but noise and dust will still be the major complaint.

Top Bottom