james.keaton

May 8, 2009
Let's see if we can't get this sticky'd. :ride: Please read all directions for posting in this thread... :cool:

I have an idea to list all of the websites that sell dirt bike parts. If you are like me and kind of have to budget your dirt bike spending, then you probably shop around online looking for the best deal. The problem is that they're are alot of websites that people don't know about. Post up the sites that you know of and if you have bought from any of them please include a rating from 1 - 10 on these 5 categories: Price, Customer Service, Selection, Stock, and Overall Satisfaction. If you know of a website, but haven't ever bought anything or don't have a rating for a category than just post the link. Also, if you have bought from a place already listed than please post up your ratings and I will adjust the average rating for each category. I think this will help alot of "newbies" such as myself steer clear of shady business'. Thanks for your cooperation and time, but if I get some real input than I believe that this could be very useful.

BRAP! Offroad
  • Price = 7/10
  • Customer Service = ?/10
  • Selection = 8/10
  • Stock = ?/10
  • Overall Satisfaction = 7.5
Chaparral Racing
Cheap Cycle Parts
  • Price = 7/10
  • Customer Service = 7/10
  • Selection = ?/10
  • Stock = 8/10
  • Overall Satisfaction = 7.33/10
CycleGear
  • Price = 7/10
  • Customer Service = 9/10
  • Selection = 8/10
  • Stock = 9/10
  • Overall Satisfaction = 8.25/10
Kinney Racing
Motorcycle Superstore
  • Price = 8.5/10
  • Customer Service = 10/10
  • Selection = 8/10
  • Stock = 7/10
  • Overall Satisfaction = 8.38
MotoSport
MX-Tech
  • Price = 10/10
  • Selection = 10/10
  • Stock = 10/10
  • Overall Satisfaction = 10/10
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Service Honda
  • Price = 10/10
  • Selection = 10/10
  • Stock = 10/10
  • Overall Satisfaction = 10/10

Last edited:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I buy from the local motorcycle tire shop out of the parts unlimited catolog they give me 15 percent off list and I never pay shipping and it usually comes in the next day

many many online places wait for you to make an order... then they order....it comes to them.... they ship to you.... sometimes weeks later. if you take their discount add shipping then waiting its really not worth it.

ohh wait if your order exceeds 100 bucks you get free shipping.. well I don't spend $100 at a time maybe I just want some new grips.

also have a piece of mind with Kens motorcycle tires in woodstock Ga that they will be there for many years

guys try to buy local and ask if they will do the 15% its great!!!

ranger306ci

May 24, 2009
I try to buy local. The local shop, VANDERZEE's Kawa here in Michigan is a nice place. Does not hurt that all 3 of his daughters hand out there, and they are smokin' hot!
When I buy new, I buy from him.

liven07

Mar 29, 2009
cheapcycleparts.com
price 7/10 some parts really cheap and some parts are expensive.
customer service 7/10 seemed to fast to get order threw
stock 8/10 never had a problem getting parts
overall 7/10 not bad people to work with
selection ?/10

kinney racing of wausau, WI this guy knows his sh--, good priced parts from parts unlimited and other places, very fair shop rates. Very good place to go.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Service Honda, they sell almost every brand. 10 on everything. Suspension work, MX TECH. 11 on everything. Engine work, Forward Motion. 11 on everything. Having Service Honda a half hour away, priceless. Wilke and Eric ain't too far either! Aftermarket parts, I deal with the company directly, if available. What ever you need, type it in the google search? You might be surprised? A real good source for vintage parts. Sometimes, Bob's Cycle, Motosport and The Bike Bandit have some smoking prices on set purchases, like engine kits, tires and chain & sprocket combos. And the most pathetic of all, Fleabay, LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

ranger306ci

May 24, 2009
Now days, sometimes ebay is the best place for used, or factory discontinued items. Show me a motorcycle shop that has a spare '85 kdx frame, huh?!

cash_62

May 13, 2009
motorcyclesuperstore.com has treated me pretty well.
price 8.5/10 depends on what you buy...my tires and plastics have been cheap!
customer service 10/10 Always helpful and willing to politely answer stupid questions.
stock 7/10 Some of the items I've ordered recently have taken a while to ship due to backorder, but generally they're pretty good about it.
overall 8.5/10
selection 8/10 Big selection, but some specialty items won't be found there.
Even if you qualify for the free shipping, pay a little extra and get your parts faster...their free shipping is painfully slow.
Otherwise, great place as far as I'm concerned.

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
liven07 said:
cheapcycleparts.com
price 7/10 some parts really cheap and some parts are expensive.
customer service 7/10 seemed to fast to get order threw
stock 8/10 never had a problem getting parts
overall 7/10 not bad people to work with
selection ?/10

kinney racing of wausau, WI this guy knows his sh--, good priced parts from parts unlimited and other places, very fair shop rates. Very good place to go.

Thanks for the input on this thread, but could you give me a ratings for the 5 categories for Kinney Racing? Thanks.

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Service Honda, they sell almost every brand. 10 on everything. Suspension work, MX TECH. 11 on everything. Engine work, Forward Motion. 11 on everything. Having Service Honda a half hour away, priceless. Wilke and Eric ain't too far either! Aftermarket parts, I deal with the company directly, if available. What ever you need, type it in the google search? You might be surprised? A real good source for vintage parts. Sometimes, Bob's Cycle, Motosport and The Bike Bandit have some smoking prices on set purchases, like engine kits, tires and chain & sprocket combos. And the most pathetic of all, Fleabay, LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

Forward Motion? Are you talking about the Dodge guys at ForwardMotionInc.com? Could you give me a little information on these other companies you listed, rate them for me if possible. Also, if any of you have used any of the companies listed please remember to let me know how you guys rate them. Thanks.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
james.keaton said:
Thanks for the input on this thread, but could you give me a ratings for the 5 categories for Kinney Racing? Thanks.

While the idea of rating these companies with a number is nice in theory, it's pretty much meaningless.

What's the reference point for a 10 or a 5? Numbers have little value without some consistent scale that can be used for comparison. Having people share their experiences without some arbitrary numbers will do just fine for a thread like this.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What is 10? I have been giving my lunch money to bike shops for the last 35 years , or so. A good shop? All shops have a price book, their net, out of pocket amount, and suggested retail price. Service Honda was the first shop that said hey, Why not charge a percent over net, and we can make more money selling volume? A nut costs 10 cents net, and some shops sell it for 5 dollars, whats the mark up on that? So I have heard that the mark up averages about 200 percent? I buy a new bike, and the dealer is nice enough to give me 10 percent off retail? Oh, did I mention some shops charge above retail? OEM's and aftermarket have different percentages also. This site is sponsored by some of the best in the business, no lie! FORWARD MOTION, http://www.eric-gorr.com/

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Dennis Kirk, GREAT! They price match, but like the items I got yesterday, no one else had them in stock, as Dennis Kirk showed they did on their site.

ronayers.com for OEM

BikeBandit should swap names to Bandit Bike, because I think Bandit before Bike when it comes to their prices.

For KDX stuff, www.frpoffroad.com is great.

Top Bottom