Primary Drive 520 ORH x-ring chain any good?

dirtpoor

Feb 19, 2005
I've been reading alot of threads on o-ring and x-ring chains. Most talk about DID, Renthal, RK, and Regina but I haven't seen anything about Primay Drive. The Primary Drive is the most affordable at Rocky Mountain and has a good tensile strength as far as x-rings go. Has anyone had experience with this chain? Going to get new kdx200 and thinking about putting x-ring chain on soon as I get it home. Also, can you notice any power loss with x-ring chains?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I got 3 of them but haven't put much time on any of them, yet.

The x ring has a groove (if you cut the rubber O-ring ring, the cross section of the x-ring looks something like an X whereas the O-ring is round).

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I have the Primary Drive X ring and love it. I only do a little chain maintenance (I lube it) and this one holds up great. I have about 20 hours of trail riding on it thru mud, dust ect... and no stretch other than the sight initial stretch from the first few minutes of use. I believe RM told me it was made by DID and if you look at the tensile strengths, they are exactly the same for the DID and PD chains. I will buy another one when necessary.

Top Bottom