angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Another year of rocks and dust waited for us again. The temperature was very nice this year for a change. The A/B race went off without a hitch. I got a better than average start, 7th out of 21 in my row. I kept the leaders in sight and moved up into 4th about half way through lap 1. On steep loose downhill, 2 bikes got together in front of me. I stopped in time to avoid them, but the rider behind me plowed into me, knocking me into my own handlebars and down to the ground. I tried to quickly pick up my bike but the 2 bikes were stuck together. Many passed us as we got untangled. With most hope for victory gone, I was still determined. I got going but my clutch lever was out of whack. I stalled in a rocky section and took the time to get it somewhat straight. The next problem was almost comical. In the midst of my crash, my Camel back strap slid off my right shoulder and was pinning it to my side. I stopped twice to correct the problem, but it kept coming off. I stopped after lap 2 to take off the pack and get fresh goggles while I was at it. My strategy to not pit was now also out the window. I plugged away for the remaining 3 laps, and felt pretty good despite almost a double diget crash total. I was able to salvage 8th, but was very disapointed afterwards. All the main players in my class finished well ahead of me. I'll need to be a little faster and luckier in the upcoming rounds.
Kelly Knipe won the B open and now has bragging rights on me :think:. Ret SR. almost holeshot his class, but lost a rear brake bolt and had to do a lengthy repair. Ret also looked very good after loosing much weight. Bigbird had his usual 3 kick start, but worked his way up to 4th in class. Brian Sperle again won the A overall and increased his points lead. My brother broke his hydrolic cluth off and dnf'd. See you all out on the trails.
Anyone going to Winnemuca?
Dirt Bike Dave, Dave Wood was riding a KTM 4 stroke.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Thanks for the write up, Jim.   Sorry to hear about the bad luck.  You'll get 'em next time.

Congratulations to Kelly! 

Top Bottom