D-rail

Sponsoring Member
May 23, 2001
I know this topic has been discussed in many variations before, but I would like to get anyone's opinion on the performance of Pro-action suspension. I am not referring to Pro-action's performance as a company per say, but to the performance of their design philosophy (whatever it may be...low flow piston, high flow piston, midvalve mods, heavy spring rate, soft valving, vice-versa, 2-stage vs. 3-stage valving, etc., etc.). When it all comes down to it, I believe any good a tuner will give you the best he has to offer.. the question then becomes who has the most functional (best) product and testing resources to deliver a suspension capable of performing to it's maximum potential.

I have recently been turned on to a local Pro-action tuner (within a couple of hours) that has received very good praise for his work. He has a track close to his shop, and after servicing the suspension, allows you to ride while watching the performance of the bike. Further adjustments are made from there to fine tune to your riding level and needs. I realize the benefits of having someone local to work with and I feel he would do a very good job. However, I am still leaning towards using MX-tech. Can anyone comment on the overall performance of PA suspension? How much is to be gained by having a tuner there to watch you ride vs. telling them what you need and want and doing it by UPS??

Blade

Spammer
Jan 4, 2002
I have had two bikes done by two different PA franchises.

`96 SX360 KTM , 650 bucks wasted , the forks were a little stiffer due to the heavier springs but otherwise the bike felt the same , I could have bought the fork springs myself and saved several dollars while ending up with the same improvement

2000 KX , new local tuner so I tried them again , 400 bucks spent for same work that the other guy charged 650 for , this time the forks were improved and it was worth the money on the front , the rear was a little better on roots and rocks but not really a lot of differance from stock

Top Bottom