Dart440

Jun 12, 2002
I just sent my suspension away the other day to get revalved by Pro-action here in alberta canada. Chris the guy here for PA is a really nice guy and has rebuilt some shocks for me in the past with excellent results. He is always willing to help and races at all the local MX's & harescrambles so he knows the type of riding im doing. I rode another 02 CR250 with PA suspension on it he was the same type rider/weight before I decided to get mine done and it was 10X better then mine didnt beat me up like the stock suspension and reacted quite nicely. I rode another bike like mine with similiar rider/weight with another company revalving it (not sure the name of the place in calgary), it felt pretty good but didnt seem as forgiving as the PA setup? Is this because they just move shims and call it good or is it just a bad suspension tuner?
Im really happy with Pro-Action here he is always willing to help and is making a good name for himself.

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
Dart
A suspension tuner is only as good as his test programme and test riders. Your determination of what's good, is clouded by personal preferences and rightly so. If the other tuner was testing with a rider who wasn't aware of just how good the forks could be he may have been given a false impression of perfection. Or quite simply the test rider may have been totally satisfied and didn't wish to have the forks changed any more.. Or the tuner simply took a stab at what he thought people would like.
Even though you like the PA forks it may be that they are well short of their full potential. Generally when the rider is happy the tuner stops tuning. Another tuner may even get more out of them. But having said that having a tuner that is prepared to work with you is a great asset.
Terry

Top Bottom