wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
was wondering if anyone has tried this new pipe on their 300?  my stocker on my 02 300mxc finally tore itself apart this weekend, and i've got 4 races in a row starting Sunday, so I'd like to get a new one while the stocker is out for repair.  Trying to decide between the doma and pc2.  Don't need more top end, but don't want to lose any either.  Ideally I'd like a pipe that gives a bit more low-mid, but doesn't lose any on top.

anyone have ideas?  basically I'm pressed for time to get the pipe here by friday at the latest, so I might just have to take a chance and pick one...

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I'd like to hear experiences with this as well. My '99 300exc came with a Gnarly and TC2 and it's great down low and has a strong midrange, but then it's all over. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for the woods I ride but the big 4 strokes blow past me in the open stretches connecting woods so I'd like to have SOME top end. I've also got to believe the 300 has enough lowend stock that a Gnarly isn't needed to shift the power lower.

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
ya, I've been doing as much research, and asking questions, in the last 48 hours I can. Fairly universally the fmf isn't liked to much, whether it be fitting or loss of top end. (had an fmf on my last bike and it was fine...). Can't find any info on the pc2, cept that it's claimed to be better on an 02 250 sx than a doma...but our engines are different, even though the pipes for the two aren't. So, I'm having a hard time making up my mind darnit!

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i have the original pro circuit pipe on my '01 300. i really like it; it smooths out the power, moves the top of the range up a little but still has plenty of bottom. i don't like the stock pipe, too abrupt on the bottom & signs off too ealry on top. i don't like the gnarly for this bike, either, the bike doesn't even need more bottom/less top, imo, & that is what the gnarly does. i don't have any experience with the new pc 1.

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
appreciate the feedback lawman. I'm actually satisfied with the top end, but really I do most of my riding in the lower rpm's and in trees where they tend to push us and the struggle is to not lose TOO MUCH time :-)

I went with a doma as it's reasonably close, and really have not heard a bad thing about them. If I want to re-shape the power curve at all I'll be able to do that with head work at the end of the season, and my stock pipe will get fixed, and that works well too.

Top Bottom