Pro Circuit Clutch & Ignition Covers vs Boyesen

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
:|
I bought the PC clutch and ignition covers last year and while I was transporting my bike this past winter salt totally ruined the finish on the covers. The salt was only on the covers for maybe 6 hrs.

Now I have Boyesen covers which look much better and the finish seems to be alot more durable.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
FWIW, Salt or any acids will ruin the anodized surfaces. Happened to some boyesen parts I have, some PC parts, and some bare aluminium parts. Dont condemn the product because of this.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
It's still better than the stock plastic ignition covers. I got a Boyesen ignition cover and it looks and works fine.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Plus, the boyesen ignition cover, seal's way tighter than the pro circuit.I get absolutely no fine sand or water in my fly wheel area.I tried the pro circuit, it did not seal very well compared to the boyesen.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Ummm, does not seal well? Explain. Mine seals fine, are you using the kung-fu superman tightening powers and warping it?

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
The boyesen seal's better than the pro circuit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…