pro circuit factory conn.mx tech race tech

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
i have a 96cr250 im 6'6" 220lbs..46kg fork springs 6.0 shock spring. i ride some mx but mostly ride for fun,gravel pits, trails. this winter i planed on buying race tech gold valves for my forks and shock. but after reading the post on race tech i am having second thoughts. does race tech suspension stink? im i better off sending my forks off to pc, factory connection,mx tech. ideas or thoughts from anyone is welcome.and if jeremy isnt busy,ya right. i would like his thoughts. thanx.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I've delt with Race Tech and they are'nt bad but they are big and you don't get very personelized service. The last work I had done was with MX-Tech's California associate So Cal Suspension. Very personalized service and excellent work. I plan on being a repeat customer. I haven't delt with any of the others you mentioned.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I have ridden Factory Connection bikes and they are decent. Firm, but controlled. Race tech does not stink. I have heard good things about them, but the general consensus seems to be that their super high flow gold valve is not a great thing. I have never seen much of a good review about PC. From what I have heard and read, their suspension is harsh and stiff for most all people out there. I have read that it takes them a couple of tries to get stuff right. I have never ridden or used MX-tech suspension, but heard nothing but priase about them. In the phone conversation I had with John(east coast associate), I was amazed at their level of customer service and how nice he was to me. I would go with MX-tech, or if that is out of the question for some reason, Factory Connection.

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
MX-Tech

They are great to deal with and they have several regional affiliate shops so you get the smaller shop personal touch. Chad Newton of Total Control Suspension is in Durham,NC and he did a total repair/ rebuild the same day he got it. I cant say enough good about him or MX-Tech.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Factory Connection has a lot of experience re-valving CR's for the woods & trail, as they have been working with Kevin Hines CRE/E-line for a long time. My bike was previously owned by an FC sponsored AA enduro racer. The original owner is much faster than me, but the suspension is still super plush in the rocks/roots at my pace and excellent at higher speed stuff as well.

Here is a link to a Cycle News test of a '96 CRE with FC suspension.

http://www.essjayar.co.uk/motorbikes/96EnduroCompare.txt

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
A lot of people here seem to pick on Race Tech, and they aren't perfect, as is no-one, but they too have many affiliates that can give personalized attention, who spend many hours testing to perfect their product. Plus Race Tech will revalve your stuff as many times as necessary within 90 days, free of charge. AND if at the end, your still not happy, they will refund your money! I would assume that their affiliates will do likewise. I know my local ones does. Hard to go wrong with that!!

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
The best advice I can give is this. Try and have a local suspension shop do the work. They should know the tracks that you ride and will know how to tune for them. Some times the smaller , local suspension shops,even if they are an affiliat of a larger shop are better at giving a more personal touch. They want to get it right for you, good or bad news travels fast.
If you choose to use the race tech stuff , use the type2 fork valves and the type 1 shock valve, this set up works great. Or you can get the stuff from race tech and do the work yourself. The more you know about your suspension the better off you will be at being able to tune it for yourself.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
You could say it is personal preference. I felt that with the type 1 in the forks they were too soft for my liking on larger hits. If I went up on the valving and oil level and they got better but not as good a feel as with the type 2 and the standard stiffness valving.

As far as the shock I experenced the exact opposite. the type 2 was too much and the type 1 was perfect.

I operate a Race Tech center and have been able to test all the combinations out. It all falls down to what the rider wants.

shredda

May 20, 2001
I know this isn't one of the companies you've listed, but I have TOO-TECH suspension on my 96' CR250 and my bike handles better than any bike i've ridden. Super plush, and stable in all conditions.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Rick quoted me a much lower price for my stuff. He wanted 290 for both ends and that included bottoming bumpers and cones for the forks. He assured me that that was a complete price. Call him for confirmation though.

shredda

May 20, 2001
It looks like his prices have gone down after checking his web-site. My suspension was done back in 96', But kawieKX125's prices look correct.

mikee88o

Aug 9, 2001
MX-TECH will refund your money if you dont like it too---plus the "do it till its right" policy but theese never seem to get brought up hmmmmmmmmmm

00kawa125

May 16, 2001
Why does no one mention Pro-Action. I went to Lorretta's and it seemed they were the dominant suspension company from what I saw. :silly:

Also, Whats up ? Pro-Action will revalve and do nothing to the mid-valve while MX Tech will revalve the mid-valve, and still Race Tech will disable the Mid-Valve. How am I supposed know which will be the best. They all seem to be reputable companies but they cannot all be right?

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Thats because there is more than one way to get to the same end result. The best thing to do is find an honest company that will listen to your needs and deliver what you want.

shaggy829

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2001
00kawa125
not all companies understand the midvalve and its function.therefore they
disable it or ignore it.
.Also midvalve tuning takes more time and r&d to better it's performance. this can drop productivity and profits so the cheapist way is
often the road taken.:)

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
00kawa125. when i wrote this i wanted to include all the suspension co. so i just picked a few. didnt mean to exclude anyone.

I would like to thank everyone for your help. its going to be a hard choice. and i will be looking for more replies.

Last edited:

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Mx-Tech gets my vote. I have had 2 suspensions done by them already an 01cr250 and a 01yz250. There customer service is great and they are very helpful with questions and service after the fact.

Flying Rhino

Aug 21, 2001
I would look into Qualifications, Product and Procedures

I honestly can't say who would be the best! I hear alot from alot of people.

Race Tech looks to be the lower end from what I hear, although the thats only what I hear. I have heard of some real nightmares.

Pro Action affliates are gleaned for the money. If you got the cash for the monthly franchise fee and you can turn a wrench then you in reguardless of the quality workmanship, customer service...etc...your in business. I had a a friend who looked into becoming a Pro-Action dealer and it was all about the cash he said.

Personally when I get ready I will call the headquarters of each of these Suspension companies and ask to talk to the head man and compare the qualifications of the one performing the work, the steps and products list that goes into my job, not to mention the service I will get after the sale.

The last thing I want to do though is send my suspension to someone who has to make his franchise payment so he has to meet a quota just to keep the lights on, or someone who has to give me a garauntee for forever to he gets the job done right!!! Damm I would rather be riding then sending my shock in every other week cause the damm thing wasn't done right the first time.

With all do respect to you Jeremy, I will be asking your Company the same questions when I get ready to have my supension revalved.

Whomever the company is MX-TECH, RACE TECH, TOO TECH ,PRO,ACTION etc...that gives me the most qualified answers gets my business!!!!

I will revert back to the power of the net....Information is key to making informed choices.

Other than my friend I think you should do some of your own DUE DILIGENCE as you have already embarked upon.

Last edited:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Rhino, after you call around, you will see that MX-tech fits your bill. I called around and quizzed and interrogated all the companies I found in the back of the mags and got down to 2 ,too tech and MX-tech. The only reason MX-tech is better for me is that they are closer.
'''''Update''''', I just found another very interesting company to call( www.gp-racing ). The list of suspension shops that seem to impress me is never going to end! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am also very bad at making decisions like this. I wish there was some sort of standard for suspension so that I could make a decision.

Last edited:

Flying Rhino

Aug 21, 2001
KawieKX125 Please Stop it!!!!!!!

KawieKX125

Please, from what I have seen and heard via this company Gp Racing is a MX-TECH want to be. From what I have read from the web site and its service partners list....on the site you listed ,this Gp company, you hyperlinked, took the MX-TECH wantabes and rejects, becuase this Rob Mann guy poorly tried to copy Mx-Techs technology. Heck look for yourself and see its on the web....? Did you see it? I do.

If you have begin to research suspesion houses as I have; there is news you would find that GPS suspension of Florida got 86ed by MX-TECH and later got this GP suspension company to pick him up sfter he failed to get MX-Tech Quality Assurance Certificated.

Like GP Racing is the KIT shock for the suspension industry; it looks to stand that Gp is the kit car to the auto indusrty...... a Mercedes is a Mercedes and a want to be is a replica. Good luck my friend . Id spend the extra dough and get the real deal with out all the shpeel.

Who knows, but I will go name brand when I go, Too Tech, Mx-Tech, Race Tech, Enzo, Pro-Action, brand name KawieKX125 I would stay brand name before I went with someone that picked up discards.......Once again I say revert back to the net as a source of info.

Speaking of suspension KawieKX125 what is this I have read about Race Techs flight recorder.... ?????? I see they have removed it from their new site. Any info wiould be much appreciated. Thanks please don't take offense to what I said previosly this is JMHO.... No offense!

Well anyway, I got some Carb problems right now on my 2001 Cr250. The S.O.B has a nasty little habit I need to get it handled.

Ride On With your Bad Self

Last edited:

robmann

Dec 30, 2000
Flying Rhino,
You obviously have no clue. If you did you would know that everything that you have stated is completely untrue. Where is the source of your information because you obviously only have one side. You should get the whole story before you start jumping to conclusions.

Top Bottom