KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
PC Pipe question

hi, i have heard the low down on the pipes. I am interested in the PC Platinum, because it seems to me, that it is like the Gnarly Desert, but has a little more midrange, which I am looking for.

Is this true about the pipe? Or am I wrong about the midrange and top end?

Thanks!

fxmatt

Mar 22, 2002
I'm running the PC Platinum on a 99' 220R, it helps throughout the entire power band, you'll like it! I think the PC Platinum II is designed for low to mid range gains plus it is a heavier gauge steel.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
hi, in a few days, i will be ordering a pipe for my 2003 KDX 200. This is driving me nuts! i still cant decide which one to buy! The PC Platinum, or the FMF Gnarly Desert? if anyone has any opinions on quality, or anything else that could help me make the decision, it will help me a lot. Thanks!

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by KDXFreestyle
if anyone has any opinions on quality, or anything else that could help me make the decision, it will help me a lot. Thanks!

I figure that so many people run an FMF that the basic design must be right. Also, I want an Eline Accessories CF pipe guard to protect it. They don't make pipe guards for the KDX PC pipes.

There was some talk about FMF quality problems some months ago but I haven't read of anything lately so maybe that problem has been fixed.

I have parts to mount still so I'm not letting myself order anything until those are done. I'll be ordering the pipe in hopefully late January. ;)

Best,
Greg

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Try a Dyno Port pipe. Hope this helps. Hahahaha. No kidding, I called them, and they seem to really be on top of things. Worth looking into. I own a FMF woods though.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I just got my Gnarly Woods yesterday - bolted up in 15 mins.

This thing is like a work of art - seriously. it is really quite beautiful to look at.

Jetting tonight - riding tomorrow. if it works s good as it looks Ill be loving it!

sn

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
It sounds like you're going for top end power. The reviews I've seen on this site have stated that the PC gives a bit more top end power than the FMF Rev. (Desert). I put a new FMF Rev on my KDX220 back in March. It did not fit right. It was about 1/2" too short. I had to drill the mounting bracket hole on the silencer larger to get it hooked together. Next time PC for me!!!

Tom L.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
I think you've gotten enough freakin opinions! This is like you're 3rd thread on this!! They're about the same. The PC will fit, the FMF might not. Buy the PC.

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
i brought my bike with a pc pipe on it.i fitted the standard pipe the other day and couldnt beleave the differance the pc makes.far more top end power amd midrange but looses some on bottom.go with the pc they are worth it.

mcvtr

Aug 25, 2003
I have a pro-circuit

It dents VERY easily, power is good although I have tried nothing else.

It doesnt like salty british roads much though, the rust that appears on it is worrying, as it is so thin to start with.

When it fails I will be replacing it with the same!

Top Bottom