Pro-Circuit Platinum 2 on a 220

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
I just took the FMF rev pipe off my 220 and replaced it with a Pro- Circuit Platinum 2 pipe.
We do alot of tight New England trail riding and the rev pipe was a little soft on the bottom and hit too hard at mid throttle.

I havn't given it a good test yet but just riding it around our property the bikes far snappier and still revs out decent.

If you look a the pipes the expansion chamber is about the same size but the stinger is twice as long on the Pro-Circuit , making the power curve come in quicker. A 200 Gnarly woods pipe has a very similar stinger design.

I'll let you know with time but my first impression this is going to be a good all around pipe. :cool:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'm running a DG. I like pro circuit though. There's no reason i would choose an FMF over the Pro Circuit specifically. Whatever I can get the best deal on that fits my needs!

You get any seat time in today? How's it feel compared to the FMF?

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
I got to ride twenty miles yesterday and I'm very happy with the power.

The bike is much cleaner running off the bottom and you find yourself riding a much higher gear.

On one section of trail I thought well maybe this isn't that great but then after down shifting I realized I was in forth gear .
In third it pulled the hill with very little effort.

With the FMF I'd be in second or attempting third at a much higher speed.

Overall the power is much smoother and still has respectable top end if you want to rev it out.

This bike has a 35 mm carb so mid throttle up is pretty strong.

A 4 1/2 star pipe in my opinion. :cool:

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
Actually I read this somewhere else but it describes this pipe better.

An FMF woods pipe is very focused on bottom end .

An FMF rev pipe is very focused on top end.

The PC Platinum 2 is an all around pipe and much smoother from
top to bottom :cool:

Top Bottom