kxguy967

Damn Yankees
Feb 16, 2005
ive already got a procircuit works pipe on my 2000 kx 125. its got the stock silencer. i was considering getting the pro circuit r304 stainless shorty. is this a good combo. im looking for more low end and wondering if this silencer will give it to me?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I wouldn't waste the money. If you really want a shorty, just cut down your stocker. It won't make that big of a difference anyways.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I agree 100%. The auction site always has stock silencers. If you have a pop rivet gun and a hacksaw, the silencers are easy to cut down.

I just finished two of them for my YZ 250. The difference between the short an dlong version is virtually nothing. I would be hard pressed to have to invent a change. They look cool......

kxmike

Feb 2, 2005
i have a r304 shorty with a pc platinum and i like it but if you want low end i would get the power now or vforce or somthing.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
kxmike said:
i have a r304 shorty with a pc platinum and i like it but if you want low end i would get the power now or vforce or somthing.

Or... don't blow your money on pointless bolt-on parts and send it in for porting. It will give you a much better bang for your buck.

Satch0922

Aug 30, 2003
depending on your bike, the silencer WILL give you a performance gain. For example on the YZ250 the stock pipe is VERY similiar to the PC pipe in size and design....however the silencer is very different and restrictive in comparison to the PC 304. Here is a thread I began on another site. Several people had the same results ( I understand this for a different bike than yours but the principle is the same):

YZ250 Silencer Tip

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Satch0922 said:
depending on your bike, the silencer WILL give you a performance gain. For example on the YZ250 the stock pipe is VERY similiar to the PC pipe in size and design....however the silencer is very different and restrictive in comparison to the PC 304. Here is a thread I began on another site. Several people had the same results ( I understand this for a different bike than yours but the principle is the same):

YZ250 Silencer Tip

Hmmmm.... the stock silencer is very restrictive??? It is straight through just like the PC. I have tried three different silencers on my YZ250 with three different pipes, and to tell you the truth, the only REAL differences between Stock/Aftermarket Shorty silencers on the bike are (1) Noise. (2) Looks (3) The power "hits" a little harder with the shorty.

Maybe the stock silencer you were testing against had blown out packing. :yeehaw:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I think the length of a silencer may change performance slightly, but unless your old one is clogged (remember THAT day, Studboy!) or blown out the performance difference is going to be slim to none.

I own many silencers for my YZ 250. FMF regular and shorty, pro circuit 304, Noleen, SPES (DOMA) and the stock silencer form 96, 97, 98, and 99 YZ's.

There are slight performance variations in them. The short silencers are nice on my bike. Brand does not matter at all.

My best one is a Doma that I shortened to 6 inches overall. Low end throttle response is instant. Other than that, nothing is even worth changign around.

If your curious about them, check the EGAY auction site. Dont pay over 20.00 for a silencer of any brand. believe me, they are out there for cheap!

Top Bottom