pro circuit spark arrester with fmf sst pipe?

Nick90

Jul 18, 2007
Hey I have 2000 RM 125 with an fmf sst header and a shorty silencer. The problem is, I ride trails that are near some houses and I don't want to piss people off so I need to get rid of the loud shorty silencer and get a spark arrester. I would just get the fmf turbinecore 2 for the sst pipe but I heard it really robs power. So I was wondering if the Pro Circuit spark arrester would work in unison with my fmf sst pipe. Anyone ever try this combo?

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I run a fmf shorty at the MX track and a turbinecore2 for hare scrambles. I have a different pipe than you, but I don't notice a difference. It will probably be many years before that hp difference makes an impact on my speed :)

Generally speaking the turbinecore2 is going to give a bit more low end, while you will loose on the top end. The shorty is the opposite. Realistically unless you are a A / pro rider, you won't really notice.

Also, is that few hp difference worth risking pissing off all of your neighbors?

Make sure you REPACK OFTEN. I bought this turbinecore2 in March. It tested 94.5 db at the first race. After around 10-12 hours of normal use I was already testing at 96.5 db. There was a noticeable difference in sound after I repacked it last week. It tested back at 94.5 db again too.

Nick90

Jul 18, 2007
I'll go with the turbinecore2. I doubt I'll notice the power difference. It's certainly not worth making these people any angrier than they are about noise. They managed to shut down a section of trails I use to get out to the power lines by sending complaints to the town :yell: ...now I have to sneak through undetected so I can get out to the legal trails :| ...anyway, thanks for the help

Top Bottom