Pro Circuit Works Pipe

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
hello all

i recently purchased a used pro circuit works pipe for my honda cr250 2002. the pipe is still in good condition but from not been used I see it has some surface rust on the inside of the pipe. I would like to try and remove it before fitting it onto my bike, any suggestions on how to remove the rust?

Also I was wondering if I start the bike first time without cleaning the rust from the pipe is there a chance of the engine sucking in any rust back through the pipe?

Any suggestions welcome..

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
I can hardly wait to bolt it on and get on it.. One major problem... Have to wait another 8 weeks for my broken femur to get better!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
mladewig said:
I can hardly wait to bolt it on and get on it.. One major problem... Have to wait another 8 weeks for my broken femur to get better!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

We see the truth now. Your looking for a project. Naval jelly, available at Auto Zone or the like, does a great job of taking the rust off. It also removes the welding colord marks. If you like those on your pipe, they will be gone. Still, the shiny metal looks really good.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…