Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Over Christmas break I may be going to Tecumseh To do a little indoor riding. Any tips on what to do, how to do it? And is it worth the 4.5 hr drive?

Thanks,
Farmer T.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
i'll tell ya sunday. i'm picking up a 250 rm on saturday from john at prosource. have you rode zeeland? we rented the track december 13'th for 4 hours.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Definately check out Zeeland over Prosource - Zeeland is much bigger and more fun for big bikes. I rode Zeeland a few times last winter - including opening weekend. Nice place and they are constantly making track changes as well (and it's pretty safe too). One plus it has over some other indoor places is the lighting is pretty good, it's well heated, and it has REAL bathrooms! :)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Just another tidbit about Zeeland - it's run by an ex-pro MX'er. His career was cut short by a collision with John Dowd. He used to have a really nice track by his house, but housing expansion around it put an end to the outdoor track.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
hmmm. Alright. Are the jumps at Zeeland freakishly steep or not?

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
man,
well here are my thought on prosource:
yesterday i drove through construction zone after construction zone to get out to Tecumseh. about an hour into my drive i decided to call out there and make sure everything was still strait. this chick was trying to tell me it wasn't a good day to pick my bike up because it was race day and things were hectic.... so, gimme a break i had numerous conversations with the owner about picking this thing up.
so i get out there, she pulls all the paper work out and such and i'm like hey
" can i see the bike " ? she looked at me like i was wasting her time... so i look at the bike, it's cool, i pay for it and get all the paper work... i'm standing there she walks away... i go hey " can someone help me load this thing into my truck?" all eight of these girls look at me dumb founded... well, no... i say never mind and storm out. the guy from pro-action suspension was there to work on a bike, he helped..
ok, here's the kicker..
i go back in and i tell this girl that i'm going to look at the track.
she tried to tell me that i had to pay a spectator fee because it was race day.
i just spend $2343 in a matter of minutes..
the guy who was running the races kinda laughed and let me in.
the track is great for 50cc - 110cc. i cannot see how anyone can race this thing. it looks like it's all first gear.
i will not buy another thing from prosource let alone ride there.
if my bike wasn't such a steal i never would have gone out there.
oh ya, it's a 2003 rm250 $2343.. a local b rider gets two a year and this was one of his trade in's..

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Well then, Zeeland it is! Thanks for the info.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Tom, let us know what day you're thinking about, I'll let Andy know and he may want to join you there with a couple of buddies.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Alrighty then. It will probably be in the last 2 weeks of December

U

Unregistered22

hay dude who bought the prosor.... bike..... Its a deal but all the bikes that they sell there have been raped... thats why its so cheap..... And im hopeing it didnt have a orange seat!.. Prosorce last year had some bad ass woops i will give them that.... And its not a place for a 450 because most of them jump form one side to the other in a sec..... and the kid whos dad owns it is a ****ing dick...he likes to start fights with people and runs into people because he just rides the used for sale bikes form the store and dont care

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I asked my friend Nick Boley who is in the top 10 in 125 B for indoor mx, and he said that that track is probably one of the most dangerous tracks in MI.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
nikki said:
Definately check out Zeeland over Prosource - Zeeland is much bigger and more fun for big bikes. I rode Zeeland a few times last winter - including opening weekend. Nice place and they are constantly making track changes as well (and it's pretty safe too). One plus it has over some other indoor places is the lighting is pretty good, it's well heated, and it has REAL bathrooms! :)

We must have missed you everytime, Nikki! We have been there quite a bit this year.

I thought Gil injured himself in a car accident, and that's what screwed up his knees? I used to have a membership (before the housing developments) to his outdoor track. That wasn't bad either. He rode once too...still pretty dang quick for his age.

I've also heard a lot of bad things about Pro Source.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom