_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
im buying an 04RM250 soon and want to get pro taper bars and bar mounts (not clamp) for it.. does anyone know how much they cost and what the part number is for the complete bar mount, not adapter piece? have any reccomendations for bar bends? im 16, 5'9 and 180#s

thx

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
oh yeah, will the aftermarket bar mounts come with rubber mounts? will they alter the height or reach of the bars? is anyone running the pro taper set up on their 01-04 RM250s? do you reccomend it for the money?
dan

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
Joka, you need either universal mounts or a new top clamp to fit oversize bar mounts. Typically these raise the bars about 10mm or so, but you get more adjustability with some of them. The oversize bars are definitely worth the money and are the only thing I run on 3 race bikes. You might want to check out Tag and Renthal, as both offer oversize bars and Tag offers mounts. In fact, Tag offers a kit that includes everything you need in one package. I sell this stuff, so let me know if you want a price quote.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
I checked the tag site and it only shows CR and KX universal mounts, but the 04 RM250 has rubber mounted clamps.. where can i get a universal kit that can replace the stock mounts?

if i don't go that route, the tag t2 privateer kit is real flashy.. bars, triple clamp, bar pad, and grips for $199..

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
oh yeah, how do you tie your bike down without having to worry about the strap going out and over the bars? do i need "oversized" tie downs to fit the diameter of the bar?

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
You can get soft ties at any moto shop. they wrap around your bars and you hook the tie downs to those instead of the bars. They are about $5-7.

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
The tie-downs fit pretty much as with any handlebar. I don't have any problem. The TAG privateer kit is definitely the way to go for a complete changeover. It's what I'm doing for my next bike instead of the universal mounts or the replacement mounts. If you want, I can find out what Tag is offering for the '04 RM.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Unless the 04 250 is a different top clamp than our 03 125 you will need to replace the top clamp or use adapters as the bar mounts are a permanent piece of the clamp and not removable.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
I have a 2003 RM250 and yesterday I installed TAG T2 uppers with the Tommy Clowers Bend bars..... They seem very nice. I wanted them to move my bars forward and the new bars are much taller than stock.

Normal tie downs work just fine.... The mounts stock mounts on the 2003 model are not permanent.

Steven

Top Bottom