Pro Women's Results Glen Helen Round 1 MX

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Woo Woo These are some FAST women!

Stefy Laire of Germany KTM winner of the Womens Pro race was impressive at the Outdoor Nationals on Saturday. She was a full 10 to 12 seconds ahead of 2nd place and was turning lap times of 2:45 min. The track was just a bit shorter than it was for the men's pro race on Sunday, but you could see this teenager has a great future ahead of her. Apparently there is no women's class in Germany and she always has to race with the guys. (It showed)

2nd place Shelly Kann USA Yam
3rd place Jackie Hudson USA Hon

For complete results check out the Glen Helen web site and look under results Amateur Day May11/12 Saturday results

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Why do I not see the results? I click on Results and just see 2 races for 2001 - some 4-stroke thing and some Chaparral thing?? It is early in the morning still... maybe my brain isn't functioning correctly!

The www.wml-mx.com page didn't have the results yet - either. ????? :think

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Glen Helen
Click on Results
then under 2001 click on AMA National Amateur Days (5/11.12)
then click on Saturday Results and scroll down, Pro women are the last results on the page.
Hope that helps
:)

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks - got it this time. :confused: Maybe I just needed to refresh my screen - duh!! Man - I wish I lived anywhere near Cali - 24 women in the pro class and 30 in the amateur class - that's great to see!! That's it... I think I need to consider job reloaction in the near future - the only big woman's race I'm anywhere close to now is Loretta Lynn's (8 hours). :(

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
MXgirls.com has results and pictures. I'm stoked to see even more support for the women this year! Our sport is really coming around. I think even more showed up than Nikki reported. Stefy Bau said that 28 showed up for pro and 38 showed up for amatures. Wow, I couldnt imagine racing almost a full gate of women!
Well, I hope to catch the Washougal race live because it the closest to me. Anyone else going?

Last edited:

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
stuffs really happening over there.im speechless.all i can say is....WOW!!

wish i was there. :(
ps.really interesting photos, sweet

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Go Tania :)

Reading the local magazine, it mentioned Tania Satchwell (a Kiwi woman) was coming over to race there this year and she was intending to beat Stefy - well, she did it on Saturday, wonder whether she'll be happy.

Congratulations to MXMichele on her 8th placing in her class, way to go Michele :)

Congratulations to Motogrl307 on your 6th place in your class :)

Debbie Matthews 14th? Is that Debbie Matthews from the school or another one? Just curious as I somehow imagined her on a bike bigger than an 80 with her experience.

Did any other members compete? I enjoy reading result more if I know the person (heck, even just through the posts, or like with Tania, a fellow Kiwi, - whom I've never met).
Spode Michelle

Last edited:

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Re: Go Tania :)

Debbie Matthews 14th? Is that Debbie Matthews from the school or another one? Just curious as I somehow imagined her on a bike bigger than an 80 with her experience.

Did any other members compete?

Spode Michelle
That actually was Debbie Mathews daughter, Heather who competed.

And SuperDouble (Stacy #55 ) raced. She joined us on on of the Gorman trips and total impressed the guys with her riding skills.
Here are some Pix of the Glen Helen event.

MXGirls Glen Helen Pix

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Hello I'm back from Ca. Man was it hot but had a great time. Thanks Michelle 6th was ok should have done better but I made up for it at Hangtown I went 2-1 for 1 overall. I even got to ride the 80 invitational at Glen Helen after the pro motos on sun got to ride the whole track boy those hills were killer fun can't wait till next year. And I will be at Washougal also sl99.

Kimberly

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
Glad to here you did so good! I'm trying to organize a trip there with my fiance so we can head to the coast afterwords. I think firecracker is planning on going and she might race. I'll keep you posted so we can scream for you on the sidelines.

helmetcam

Nov 19, 2000
Just got back from CA late last night. Rode both Glen Helen and Hangtown. I got 15th over all at Glen Helen and 17th over all at Hangtown. I heard there were 39 ams entered at Glen Helen-they actually pulled the 80's out of the class to make their own class and there had to be like 10-12 of them in addition to the other 39 amateurs.
Glen Helen turned out to be windy and rainy on Sat for our races, which suited the 5 women I know that came down from WA!!! A nice 40 MPH gust of wind hit the first am moto just as the gate dropped! And BTW, I am convinced the women have a faster reaction time on the gate, because we were all in a huge line coming into the fisrt turn(both motos)! All in all, a very impressive showing of women in the 80, amateur, and pro classes.
Hangtown was waaaaaaaay too hot for any of the riders not accustomed to those teperatures. I was told it was at least 100 degrees the day the ams raced, 102 degrees during the women pro's first moto and 102-103 for their second moto on Sun. Heat was a factor for most of the racers in every class. The track was unlike a naitonal track-with many many jumps, mostly doubles. My opinion was that it seemed like a supercross track outdoors. Rumor has it that most of the pros (the men pros!) were also very unhappy with the track over all. Guess we will wait to hear in the MX publications.
There were only 25 amateurs that day and fewer women entries over all. But still a good showing, and you should have seen how many spectators (and other racers as well!) were excited to see the women's pro class! Stephanie Laire (sp?) from Germany was VERY impressive!! I believe she was 1 min 4 sec in front of 2nd place in the second moto. That is like half the track!!!
A great showing of women in the west coast Nationals so far!
I will see you at Washougal, hopefully with a little better finish-gotta love the home-field advantage......

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Glad you're back helmetcam! Congrats on your finishes. I couldn't imagine doing that. Those tracks are so intimidating.

I need to get down on a practice day so I can ride Washougal at least once and decide if I'm up to racing it! I'm doing a lot better at the mx side of things but not sure if I'm up to attempting that yet. I know I'm not going to win, I just want to be able to say I raced and survived.

Even if I don't race, I'll be there for the national for sure!

Top Bottom