problem solved

syn_01

Jul 13, 2004
Some of you might have read my post before about my bike, first the revs sticking (not the throttle, just the revs) then it dying and not starting. Well i checked the carb, nice and clean, changed the plug, everything! All seemed fine. Just as i was gettin ready to call it quits and buy some jets, i thought hey must be the reeds, so my buddy opens up the reed cage, and we find the problem. A clutch perch. Thats rite, there was a clutch perch in my reed cage. No idea how it got in there, but once removed, problem solved!

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
seems odd that there would be a clutch perch in your reed cage- or is it just me- you have got to tell us how that got in there - it must have been put there deliberately ?

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Actually that was the next thing I was going to suggest - look for a clutch perch in your reed cage- obviously it was not a brake perch based on the symptoms you described.

syn_01

Jul 13, 2004
Only thing i can think of is when my bike was apart for an extended period of time. Good think that perch didnt end up in my cylinder!

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
So, like , you didn't notice the clutch perch was missing ? I bet you bought a new one, didn't you !

I am laughing with you, not at you- this stuff usually happen s to me.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I, on the other hand , am laughing AT you! That is just plain funny. Whenever I pull off stuff like this, everyone else has a good laugh on me. Sorry, but now it's your turn. Luckily, it didn't destroy anything. No harm, no foul. Next time I have jetting issues, maybe...

syn_01

Jul 13, 2004
hehe yep, i just bought a new perch, rode the bike for the first time today since the fix, wow what a difference haha

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I don't know what everyone is finding so funny. I have kept a spare perch in my reed cage for years.
Nothing handier when you are on the trail and need a replacement in a hurry.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
QUOTE]I don't know what everyone is finding so funny. I have kept a spare perch in my reed cage for years.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Never thought of that! :bang:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I'm just glad to hear you didn't have to go to the emergency room to have it removed. I've heard stories and it sounds pretty embarrassing :ohmy:

Thanks for the Laugh,

Chief

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…