Rookiebiker

Nov 23, 2003
I just bought a 1993 suzuki RM125 this summer and I haven't had much luck with it, I took it out afew days ago and I notie that there was alot of smoke coming out of the ex, I thought it was just not tune right well I was ridding it around kind of slow when all of suddenly it just stop. I bought a new spark plug because I thought that was the problem but it wasn't, what do you guys think is wrong? it has spark and the gas it going though it and it has conprestion.

Rookiebiker

Nov 23, 2003
How do I Check the jetting on my bike? also I started to take my carb out to get it clean because I heard that could be part of the problem but there a cable on the top of the carb that I can't finger out how to disconnect it?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Check your transmission oil level. If it's low, then you probably have a crank seal leaking into the bottom end, sucking in tranny oil and causing the excessive smoke. A common problem on earlier RM's.

Rookiebiker

Nov 23, 2003
I finely got my bike running again, one of my friend from work came over and fix the problem but now theres abounch of little problem I need to fix. How do you check the transmission oil? Dose anyone know where I can get parts for cheap on the net?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
There may be a small bolt between the front side of the clutch cover and just behind the water pump. That would be the oil level check bolt. Remove it and when the bike is level oil should weep from it. If there isn't one, drain the tranny and replace with the proper amount. I usually measure what has been drained out to see if any seals are leaking. For parts, try Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mountain, or Motosport Outlet.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Ebay.com is great foe cheap parts, i just bought a seatcover for 1.50, and stator and clutch covers foe $10 all for my 92 rm125. You can also get great deals on msr kits, top, bottems, gloves and chest protectors for 90bucks, have fun as i did.

bigc

Jun 3, 2003
try tjparts express,they carry alot of parts for older bikes.They are located in ohio,columbus i beleive super fast shipping.tjpartsexpress.com.There web site does not list everything they have you might have to call them.

Top Bottom