rxbandit

Apr 23, 2005
So i decided it was time to replace my top end. Bought a Weisco Top End kit. I put it in and i go to break it in, runs but only for little while seems a little boggy like it might quit so i rev it a little a few times (less than ½ throttle). Then it quits and i hear a fffommmppppff. I go to restart it and the kickstarter is stuck. I pull head off and try to take the cylinder off and it won't slip off. The piston gets stuck down around exhaust port but the piston will slide up to the top of the travel. So what does this mean? How to i get my cylinder off? I see that there is at least one spot were there is a scratch in the cylinder wall so i guess i'll be getting the cylinder wall redone. How much to get it done and can most shops do this kind of work? I think this time i'll be going with OEM top end kit. What exactly happen did i cold seize my engine? :bang:
Edit: I can get pics if needed.

Last edited:

rxbandit

Apr 23, 2005
So this how i found it when i opened up:

But i am able to slide the piston up to the top of the cylinder like so....so i don't get why i can't slide it off.

I installed the piston with the arrow pointing towards the exhaust port

Hopefully these pics can give you guys some ideas. If you need more or different ones just let me know. Thanks

rxbandit

Apr 23, 2005
pokemanyz said:
Ring caught in port?
maybe but i would think that would keep it from sliding back up the cylinder towards the head.

Anyone else have any ideas? I have no clue how to seperate the two. :|
Hopefully someone has a good idea.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Can you look up the ports with a flashlight and see if something is snagging one of the port windows? If so you may be able to push the ring back with a long screwdriver or something.
I'd also wonder if one of the circlips wasn't seated properly.

Top Bottom