Apr 9, 2007
Ive got a 01 YZ 125 and when i bought the bike it had a flat due to the valve stem ripped right out the tube... So i put a brand new heavy duty tube in it... When i did this i realized the wheel lock was a little bent... First day i took it out riding the valve stem ripped right out of the tube again... Is this due to the wheel lock being a little bent?? Id like to fix the problem permanantly so i dont have to put a tube in it everytime i ride it... Please help....

buffsabs11

Apr 2, 2006
when you put your tire on, dont tighten the little bolt on the valve stem. leave it towards the top because if you tighten it and the tube moves a little bit, then the tube is going to rip right off of the valve stem.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
When you rip the valve stem out it is because the tire slipped on the rim. This can happen on the front wheel during heavy braking or on the rear wheel from either braking or engine torque.

The problem is worse when you run low air pressure. It is not unusual at all for a small leak to let the air pressure get too low and then have the valve stem tear out when the tire slips on the rim.

The bead lock is supposed to clamp the tire to the rim so that it doesn't slip. If the bead lock wasn't tightened down enough, or if it is bent such that it won't clamp the tire to the rim then what you describe is the likely result.

Rod

Top Bottom