04mach1

Apr 29, 2006
:bang:
ok guys im new to the biking scene and after a week and a half i welded the rod to the crank in my bike.
i searched the internet for a motor and i found one on **** for 125.00 US. it wasnt complete. but 95 percent was there. the guy told me it was all rebuilt and such. as i went to pick it up. he seemed to know his s*&t..

anyhoo i get home, put my piston on his rod and dropped my cylinder on.
next i had to put my clutch basket in his motor. so i popped that in as well as the kick starter and the shift pawl ( sp ) the little half gear that is connected to the shift lever worked from your left toes.
once this was complete i buttoned it up. next i moved over and swapped my magnito ( sp ) into the new housing and the job should have been finished.
he warned me since i havent done this sorta thing before, but i have a car backround that i should " bench test " it before going to ride. so i mached it into the bike and put the chain on. it has no neutral and seems to only have 4 gears.
i followed the manual to a T and it took me about 5 hours to complete the job this far as i didnt wanna rush.
so now i removed the motor from the bike and took off the cover that my clutch sits in. any ideas on what could be wrong in there?
thanks alot i hope to be riding again soon!

Top Bottom