procircuit "the works" vs. fmf "fatty"

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Other than the upkeep due the finish of "the works" pipe, are there major differences between the two? Which is better and why ? I will be installing on an 03 kx250 and racing mx. Thanks!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
there are other pipes out there. Bills , Dynoport and a few other ones. Might want to widen the search to the other companies that invest more into the R&D of the pipe and less on advertising. But most all companies make 1-2 pipes for the powerband you are after

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Right on..... I totally agree. I know the other brands well, but I have a choice between the works and a fatty. I found a works pipe for my bike in top shape for a really, REALLY good price and a fatty for an ok price. I've had bikes with the fatty but never with a works so I'm really interested in a comparison of the two. Not that widening the search was bad advice...it was excellent advice, dynoport is beast and I'm sure there are plenty others out there as well. However, due to finances I am limited. I've always been really satisfied with the fatty, but I'm leaning towards the works simply because it's too good a deal to pass up.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Just hit it with some gun oil (Rem oil or similar) after you wash and you'll be fine.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
cowasucky said:
Wow!!! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for ! Not really what I was hoping to hear (since I ordered the "works" pipe), but answered every question I could've possibly had on exhaust for my 03 KX250. Good lookin' out bro' !!!

:cool:

Thats cause I have an 03 KX. I have the stock pipe with a large custom dent in it. I want a new pipe and really wanted the PC works just for the cool look factor but it seems like FMF Fatty is the way to go. I only ride mine in the woods so maybe even the gnarly would be better.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Right on sandman, I have that same stock pipe with custom dent . I race mx with mine and now I'm scared to put this PC on and have it go flat on me. Oh well.... I'll play with the jetting and see what happens. I have my bike running so good right now and I can't see how the PC could do anything but improve it when I look at this beat up ass pipe I'm runnin' now. Anyway, I'll let ya know what happens when I put it on and tune it up. And definately go with the gnarley for woods. I had one on my 03 KDX220 and it made HELLLA diference !!!!

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
cowasucky said:
Other than the upkeep due the finish of "the works" pipe, are there major differences between the two? Which is better and why ? I will be installing on an 03 kx250 and racing mx. Thanks!
My experience with the FMF Fatty pipe were amazing compared to stock. I was running it on my 1992 kawasaki kx500, and it had a minor problem running good belown the powerband. The Fatty pipe gave my bike amazing down low power and increased the overall performance and look of my bike. Also, on another note, I gave me more than enough power to blow it over and crack the very front portion on the pipe, and now I'm considering getting a Pro circuit platnium 2 pipe, because the Fatty isn't manufactured anymore. Hope this information helps you.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
mdavidso said:
My experience with the FMF Fatty pipe were amazing compared to stock. I was running it on my 1992 kawasaki kx500, and it had a minor problem running good belown the powerband. The Fatty pipe gave my bike amazing down low power and increased the overall performance and look of my bike. Also, on another note, I gave me more than enough power to blow it over and crack the very front portion on the pipe, and now I'm considering getting a Pro circuit platnium 2 pipe, because the Fatty isn't manufactured anymore. Hope this information helps you.

Yes it definately helps, thanks ! You see I've had nothing but possotives from the Fatty myself. I'd think that any of the better known aftermarket pipes could only improve power and performance, including the Pro Circuit "works" pipe, however if you go a few replies up on this thread and read the link posted it leads me to bellieve that that's not particularly the case. I ride an 03 kx 250 and the link is a test done in 03 on all major makes with all major pipes and while the fatty did improve power & prformance on my particular bike, the "works" seemed to take away performance for mx style ridding. The FMF "SST" did the best for my bike. See....this is why I think I really screwed up and wasted money by ordering that "works" pipe. I got it for $50 after shipping so I don't guess it was too bad, but I don't know if I'm even gonna put it on and waste my time jetting the bike. I guess I'll decide when it comes in.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Put it on. Take an hour and jet it. If you don't like it, sell it. Someone will buy it, you did, lol.

Top Bottom