proper SAG adjustments KTM EXCR 250

dm88

Nov 7, 2007
Hello!,
At first i'd like to apologise for my language.
I'm having some problems with proper SAG adjustments in my KTM EXC-R 250 2005.My weight is 60kg/132lb,i have stock fork and shock installed (WP).I was lowering my bike by decreasing shock spring preload and now its to soft i think,it bottoms easily when landing after the jump and the bike geometry is very slack when sitting on the saddle.My question is what should be the proper SAG on front as well as rear to fit my weight best?

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
dm88,
You should set the rear sag to 110 - 115 mm and have a static sag of close to 35mm if you have the right rear spring rate . The stock .40 fork springs set at around 8 - 10 mm of preload should give you a good set up up front . Fork sag is realy hard to properly check due to all the stiction in the front set up ( just the nature of the fork tubes ) . On the shock you should install a PDS 5 spring and then set the sag to the above mentioned numbers.

Pete

dm88

Nov 7, 2007
I'm truelly satisfied of your reply Pete - Thanks.I'd also like to know if i should change the shock low and high speed compression damping to minimum (-) when adjusting sag or leave factory adjusments?

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
I think a good starting point would be
Forks: comp - 14 out , rebound 10 out
Shock : low speed comp14 out , high speed comp 2.0 out , rebound 19 out

This should be a good starting point , you should fine tune from there.

Pete

Top Bottom