Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
ProTaper SE (7/8”) Bars – YZ High Bend

Have you ever done something for the very first time and wondered why you never did it that way before?

Well, I’m there. I installed a set of the ProTaper SE bars Friday night. Not that slapping on a set of bars is a challenge, but these actually went on almost too easily. They have a nice set of marks for centering, and cut-down increments marked for those of you that may want to shorten them for that tighter riding. My barkbusters mounted with NO need to bend them to fit nicely.

Ride time! The bars feel real nice and the high bend makes for better ergs, since I’m 6’-0”. The comfort level is much better too, I have been riding with just about whatever bar is available at the time of purchase, never paying much attention to the higher end bars. I never really thought that bars could make any difference, but I was obviously wrong. We put in a good 4 ½ hours of riding in on Saturday, and my arms and wrists still felt real good at leaving time. I did manage to whack a few trees and threw the bike down a couple of times, and they are in the same shape they were when I stuck them on Friday night.

I highly recommend these bars for those that like to run the 7/8” bar, they are a tough bar, with a great feel for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. There will be a set of ProTaper SE’s on both of my bikes in the near future.

For you riders that like to keep things all shiney, better get a set of soft ties….these bars are super sweet looking and you won’t want to slap a steel hook to them

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the write up, i am planning on buying a new bike and was wondering how strong the SE's are.. I've yet too bend a set of Pro Tapers..
RIck

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Putting a set on the XR50... very nice bars. The alignment markings, cut-off measurements and end caps are sweet.

Top Bottom