Proud new owner!!! Just got it!

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Well, after many countless hours of reading about what to get I have finally decided to become a Pumpkin head.
I got an 01' EXC 520 with carbon fiber skid plate, 02' plastics, new graphics, brushguards, and aftermarket soft seat with grip material:p

It was a Dealers Demo bike with about 10-20 hours on it and broke in nicely. No dealer prep, shipping fee, and full on warranty.

I have been out of riding for about 6 years and my last Bike was an 83' XR500R

I hope I don't kill myself
:scream:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you do can I have your bike?

Please.

:D

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
One word "wow":scream:

From the four strokes I was used to this thing is a monster.
Their is a group of sand hills that I have been trying to climb my whole life. My old XR500 with a brand new tire, wet sand, and about a 100 yard run could never go straight up them, I could take a couple at an angle and get to the top, after going from 4th to 1st gear.
The first hill I tried on the EXC was one that goes up at an angle, I was poking around in 2nd gear and decided try it, about half way up the front wheel starts coming up while it's still accelerating.

After that I tried about 4 long hills that go straight up, each hill I was having to slow down near the top in order to not loose control and launch off the top.

The only thing I think I need to do is dial in the suspension.

No complaints and worth every dime

:)

trailmeister

Nov 13, 2001
....so where in wa. are the sand hills? the only ones i know of are north of pasco in the juniper forest ( blm). i live in bothell, and it's toooo wet to ride around here right now and would love to hit some sand.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
There right outside Spokane, yet the draw back is it is on the border of the railroad right away. The area used to be completely open to motorcycles and ATV but lately they have been giving out tickets if your caught. The only people that get caught are those that park and unload close to the road.
The area used to have another 600 acres or so that was owned by the old Washington Water Power that had some great trails and bigger hills with rocks, curves, roots, and sand, which made for some great challenges. WWP brought in new management and logged that piece and ruined, burmed, and tore up the bulk of trails and hills:ugg: They also fenced part of it.
I still ride their on off hours, I learned how to ride there and will probably continue to do so. It's a shame to see 40 years or more of trails go to waste.

Top Bottom