walt1

Feb 1, 2004
I just bought an '02 KDX 200 this weekend. Its in like new condition, but I have been following this board for some time in anticipation of this purchase, and quite frankly I'm a little scared. Looked to the tech tips to see what needs lube that might not have been done by the dealer but the page is basically blank (or at least I can't see it). I love this bike and would like to treat it right from the get-go. Things seem a little more complicated these days. My last true dirtbike was a Combat Wombat, and all I ever did was mix gas, change oil, and check tire presure. I would like to check swing arm and steering bearings on the kdx, and anything else that might have any adverse effects on it. I am chomping at the bit to really ride it but still to much snow, so I would welcome any advice on what else to look for to use up some basement time. Any help or advice you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. I have read a large share of the board trying to educate myself but still feel the need for some feedback. I am looking for maintainence items that should be done right away, I'll deal with performance once I'm sure basics are covered. Thanks in advance for your help. This looks like a great site with great people, I am looking forward to participating.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
go here--- http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ ---then click tech tips --- then click on new bike prep good luck. I bought a 1990 from a member of this list. Actually I feel like I stole it because he had almost 2 grand in it for the year he owned it. He did some great work on it and bought many aftermarket parts that added up to a pretty penny. But it is a '90---so now I'll be replacing all bearings---steering, front and rear wheel, and swing arm and links---and doing a bottom end. Just replaced the stator. Look at the bright side. The odds of you having all these problems on a bike that's 12 years newer are quite remote. Grease her up and have somefun! :yeehaw:

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
take it apart and grease it up with some good grease {i use Bel-Ray} swing arm , rear shock bearing , stearing stem bearings and the dog bone bearings . this is a must do before they loose the little grease that they have , im not a ace mechanic and i did it a couple of hours . this is the time to tackle these things , riding season coming up real quick . peace

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Looked to the tech tips to see what needs lube that might not have been done by the dealer but the page is basically blank (or at least I can't see it)

I think I know what you are talking about, I can't view the Carb Tuning page.

So I just hit "select all"
on my Mac the short cut is the "A" key and the "Apple" key
Then just copy it into my word processing program
I'm not a computer GEEK so I don't know all the lingo

On mine (Appleworks) it's still invisible but if I change the text color to black
Ta-Da! There it is!

Or you might try a different browser

riding season coming up real quick

Riding Season?
I was not aware that it ever ended :eek:

Last edited:

walt1

Feb 1, 2004
Grease

When I go to tech tips, all I get is words on the left like grease, chain and the like, the rest is blank. I do run an apple powerbook and safari as my browser. I tried MSN same results. Thanks for the responses. I live in the catskills and it has been cold, deep, and white here since christmas.

walt1

Feb 1, 2004
I figured it out. I followed your diriction (select all) and saved to a PDF, it was there all the time I just could'nt see it. thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom